Another Argentina Story........

perry said:
Cruizes I spoke to the real estate agents now and they were most apologetic but told me that the owner is very angry with you due to bringing unwanted guests to the property . I told her clearly that this is not a reason to retain a rental deposit and that the bond is only retained in case of damage to the property or unpaid rent.

The agency does know of the thread and they are concerned about the bad publicity . They told me that they will do their best to help

OMG are you joking me?????? On Tuesday afternoon I have my masseuse over. (No happy ending) LOL

She is pissed because I have a local friend who confronted her to try to help us. She was hoping that we knew no one here, not knowing the language so as she said "I create the rules, not you"

Hello
Don`t let these people go that far as "not give you back the deposit" tell them that if they don`t refund the deposit you will post on Craigslist and all sort of sites to rent properties, I have a flat rented and believe me that they will think twice and will give you the money back if they are intelligent enough and if they don`t want to see their names on craigslist
Reina

cruizes said:
OMG are you joking me?????? On Tuesday afternoon I have my masseuse over. (No happy ending) LOL

Though obviously she doesn't have the rights to hold back the security deposit (based on the limited information of both parties' actions we read here) but I feel you didn't use the so much repeated "common sense" phrase.

We all know many owners - especially landladies - who just hate if the tenant brings anyone to the flat. Should the person be a prostitute, a masseuse or the president, should it be 10 minutes daytime or an overnight.

This sounds like a sad story but still a multiplayer responsibility.

fvrconst said:
Though obviously she doesn't have the rights to hold back the security deposit (based on the limited information of both parties' actions we read here) but I feel you didn't use the so much repeated "common sense" phrase.

We all know many owners - especially landladies - who just hate if the tenant brings anyone to the flat. Should the person be a prostitute, a masseuse or the president, should it be 10 minutes daytime or an overnight.

This sounds like a sad story but still a multiplayer responsibility.
This wasn't the case. An Argentino came to my aid to tell her that she was wrong. PERIOD. And by the way, the masseuse is a male doing therapeutic massage for arthritis. Please lighten up! It's OK to have a sense of humor.... it really is..

cruizes said:
This wasn't the case. An Argentino came to my aid to tell her that she was wrong. PERIOD. And by the way, the masseuse is a male doing therapeutic massage for arthritis. Please lighten up! It's OK to have a sense of humor.... it really is..

Oh man you have all my empathy but I just have this lurking feeling that you pissed her off. And because you didn't have a contract she tried to get revenge in this way. Which is a very nasty thing to do obviously, but...

Anyway case solved at least for me, let us go home in peace the house has been cleansed from evil spirits.

Hey Cruizes, sorry about your ordeal. None of this is your fault; fraud is never the victim's fault.

Also, all of this nonsense about the agency not helping you and someone being able to keep a deposit because they have some opinion about the kind of guests you had over is more than absurd and underhanded.

Kudos to Perry for using his expertise in this.

So if I understand, did this get resolved?

People have the right to have guests in their property if they rent . There is no rule on any agreement that states otherwise.I have noticed there is a tendency of senior woman landlords to be extremely conservative and for this reason they make you hire their cleaner as she is effectively the spy for the owner.

I believe if you rent a property in Buenos Aires make sure that the person you rent from is someone you can get on with . If you feel at all uncomfortable with the owner do not do business as you are bound to have problems over the course of a rental contract

perry said:
People have the right to have guests in their property if they rent . There is no rule on any agreement that states otherwise.

Yep I don't know anything which lawfully denies you to have your guests. But still if they tell you, the tenant should respect that. Which I don't connect to this story, just exhaling into the general air.

perry said:
I believe if you rent a property in Buenos Aires make sure that the person you rent from is someone you can get on with.

Well said, when you visit a flat anywhere in the world, you should pay attention as much on the owner as the flat. Words, gestures, helpfulness, answers, etc. And ask questions to confirm things than just do them because of your assumptions or previous habits or in worse case "they won't ever find it out".

Back