Answers To Iphone 5 Questions I Had Not Long Ago

NickCH

Registered
Just trying to pay it forward in terms of questions on how to get your iPhone5 in service in Buenos Aires. After being directed from store to store at least 5 times, I finally came to Electronic Point (Address: Costa Rica 5519 in Palermo...nearest cross street is Humboldt) The guys in there were helpful and patient with all of my questions. Buy the chip for the iphone there (they'll know what you mean) and ask them to cut it for you (they have the proper tool, its an extra charge) and they'll insert it into the phone for you. Next, stop at basically any kiosk and buy a prepaid card, scratch off the back of the card, call *444 and try to follow the directions as they speak quickly in Spanish. Enter your card # in and you're set. Any questions, feel free. I'll do my best!

Do they sell screen protectors there for Iphone 5? Or do you know some where that does?

Yes I've seen them in a few kioskos. Also if anybody needs a sim for the iPhone 5 I have a sim cutter and would be more than happy to cut down a full size one for anyone who needs it.

Do they sell screen protectors there for Iphone 5? Or do you know some where that does?

yes...the mobile accessories shop should sell it but it is crap. I spent 50 pesos for a piece of crap and threw it out. I bought mine from an Apple Store in the States after being taken in by the pitch that the protector has a special coating or something, as the glass/ screen is new in iPhone 5.

After being directed from store to store at least 5 times, I finally came to Electronic Point (Address: Costa Rica 5519 in Palermo...nearest cross street is Humboldt)

You can buy a nano chip at big Claro customer service centers for 10 pesos. They sell shrink-wrapped nano chips, there is no need to cut anything. I bought one a couple of days ago at Corrientes and Rodriguez Peña.

Back