Antique Book Stores/ Brokers ?

artigas

Registered
I helping a friend sell his classic luxury apartment near the Alvear Hotel. The apartment was bought fully furnished in the classic high quality “baroque” Argentine style and was rented out fully furnished as a European embassy residence for several years. The apartment has a office library stocked with several hundred attractive antique leather bound books, including full sets of encyclopedias, history books, law books, travel books and classic novels in various languages, mostly from the period of the Argentine golden age (1890-1930s). I am pretty sure the books were specifically selected as decor rather than for reading and thus unused and in excellent condition. The furniture and fittings have been sold, only the books remain. I am looking for a antique book store, auction house, broker or even interior designer who would be interested in buying the entire collection for similar purposes or just someone who loves old books. Although some of the books are probably somewhat valuable, we are not looking for top peso, or the headache of selling them off individually. Ideally we are looking for someone to buy the full collection at a fair, if discounted price. If anyone can recommend a reputable party, I would be very appreciative and I am sure my friend would not be adverse to rewarding you with a gratuity or commission for your help. Any ideas would be appreciated.

I suggest you contact Daniel Zachariah at The Book Cellar. I´ve bought dozens of books from him using Mercado Libre and he is a great person with whom to do business.. He is a member (thebookcellar) of this group, but hasn´t posted here since April of 2018.

Daniel Zachariah
The Book Cellar & Henschel
Reconquista 533, 1ºC
11-4314-4764
[email protected]

http://bookcellarbsas.com

I suggest you contact Daniel Zachariah at The Book Cellar. I´ve bought dozens of books from him using Mercado Libre and he is a great person with whom to do business.. He is a member (thebookcellar) of this group, but hasn´t posted here since April of 2018.

Daniel Zachariah
Reconquista 533, 1ºC
11-4314-4764
[email protected]

I bought several books from “Zach”...the first time we met at a street corner in midtown. The second time I went to his apt. When he was living in Belgrano near Chinatown. Last time I bought something from him he had the book cellar up and running.
He's definitely a good guy. Recommended. Lately I’ve been using the books app. On the iPad. Very easy.

Last edited:

Daniel Zachariah
Reconquista 533, 1ºC
11-4314-4764
[email protected]

So happy to see you back in the forum Steve!!!!!!

I third the recommendation of Daniel Zachariah, he's great!

Back