Any Aussies watching the World Cup?

bellcurve said:
Oooohhhh! I was very excited to read this post! I am Aussie and am here for the whole World Cup. Casa Bar on Sunday then? Is this venue confirmed? I will try to get hold of an inflatable kangaroo.

Well, tie me kangaroo down sport - I'll try and wear a Rolf beard :) :D

I'm going to check with the Casabar owner just to confirm they will be open - but I'm pretty sure they will be. I'll post on here if there is a change of plans.

Dan.

I am another resident ozzie despite the monicker. Looking forward to meeting on Sun. Actually havesome oz tattoos that I will bring.!

Confession - I'm not an Aussie - I'm from across the ditch. Yep the All Whites are there too and that's fantastic but without a realistic chance - so I'm keen to see the region do well and will join you to support the socceroos.

Casabar is confirmed! Will be open even for the morning game. Might get there early and have a few Bundaberg Rums to calm the nerves.

bellcurve said:
Oooohhhh! I was very excited to read this post! I am Aussie and am here for the whole World Cup. Casa Bar on Sunday then? Is this venue confirmed? I will try to get hold of an inflatable kangaroo.

I will try and get hold of an inflatable sheep!:rolleyes:

I am Australian and would love to join the crew. My girlfriend is German, so there will be someone to gloat in front of if all goes to plan.

Here's a website devoted to my Australian pilgrimage to Germany for the last world cup. If you look closely at the video that loads on the landing page, you will see an inflatable kangaroo (not inflated) on the dashboard. No - I don't still have it :(

http://www.nickflower.com/gdaygermany.net/main.html

Well, I had already made plans for today before I found this thread. If the option is still open for next match... i´ll be there with lights on.

Hey!
After reading this, I decided some girlfriends and I will go to watch the match to Casabar as well...!!!
We are Argies but have a strong bond with Australia...therefore...go socceroos!!!!
See you in Casabar!!!!
Marian

Back