Any 'closed Doors' Restaurant Recommendations?

Okay, thanks. I was just wondering if they actually serve the meal in their living room, where they might have pet in the house.
It wouldn't bother me, but I believe it could bother someone else and thus I couldn't find a reason why to pay more.

they have seating place with candles etc to make the mood sombre. and a fixed menu with a fixed per head price (usually).

i've been to one where there were pets roaming around (it was pay as you wish and you could only go with someone who had already been). If you knew the trials of opening your own restaurant you might be more supportive of "illegal business" (i am currently studying analisis financiero at culinary school and it is NOT pretty). A lot of these places are pay as you wish and run by amateurs, not by professional chefs but by people with a passion for good food and good company to host. I went to oviedo recently (with school group) and while the food was cooked to 'perfection', I didn't like it as much as I like Cocina Sunae. To each their own I guess.

one more thing to add, just because a business is 'legit' doesn't mean they're not just paying bribes to keep things as 'barely legal' as possible

I am currently studying analisis financiero at culinary school and it is NOT pretty)

What are you studying and where? There are a couples of schools near me in San Isidro and Martinez, but I am more interested in specialized course such as pastry vs. comprehensive courses. I am just interested in improving techniques, such as how to learn to stiffen your whites to the right point, what to do to save a dough gone wrong, what movement to make to lie your dough correctly, etc.

I am no fan of cake decoration, per se, as I don't like to waste food for make it just pretty.

I know this place that's a sealed door restaurant, it's basically sealed shut so you have to get an alvanil to open it, then you give a secret hexadecimal pass-phrase-whisper to get in. Once your in they don't give you a menu - its hidden, but the dishes have no name anyway as its all part of an underground top secret dining experience. Not for the faint hearted.

Thanks for the advice, I will try Sunae or Felix, as I have read solely positive reviews about them.
As you nowadays pay close to $200 for a simple piece of meat or fish, I think that $250 for a 3-4 course meal is not that overpriced, but maybe I am just a stupid tourist after years of living here.

A friend, who owned the best chocolate place in San Martin de los Andes (selling directly and through all the major hotels/restaurants), was working non-stop. Still he gae up last year and went back to The Netherlands with this Argentine family, as he was tired of the troubles when running a legit business. Apparently it was impossible to hire somebody just for the high season, when work tripled. To hire anybody at all seems nearly impossible, that's why there are so many one-man/woman and family businesses.

I have no problem paying somebody directly for their skills and time. In the end money gets circulated, more food gets bought, more gasoline and other things that will benefit the AFIP and (theoretically) the state/people. What's more, I rather pay a fair price for somebody that is doing a great job than to support 5 uninterested waiters serving bland food, while behaving like they'd rather be somewhere else, facebooking on their smartphone.

Anyway, I will let you know when I have tried one, thanks.

Cocina Sunae also closed door supper club?..Their dishes looks so local Thai receipes eaten there in the land of sweat and heat
south east Asia..I hope they do not use too much of the Monosodium Glutamate (MSG) or Aji-no-moto as they called it there!

Million dollar question?

When When When?????!!!!!

Yes,When-When but it seems that my hoping, "last hearing in court" for my workmen's comp injury case in front of the judge is scheduled for end of November 2014.

After that again last hearing, my attorney saz that Iam free to take off for as long time as I wish! So wish me luck, so to be there in La Coqueta-san's Pot Luck dinner gathering now that Argentina weather is super-nice..Heck with back home, in the states or Japan when the grey general winter cold sets in! Can't wait when in Bs As..!

Yes,When-When but it seems that my hoping, "last hearing in court" for my workmen's comp injury case in front of the judge is scheduled for end of November 2014.

After that again last hearing, my attorney saz that Iam free to take off for as long time as I wish! So wish me luck, so to be there in La Coqueta-san's Pot Luck dinner gathering now that Argentina weather is super-nice..Heck with back home, in the states or Japan when the grey general winter cold sets in! Can't wait when in Bs As..!

la Coqueta San ( Ms Lacky) has cancelled the pot luck for December. so you will have to wait till Jan.

Will you be bringing icecream too?

Back