Any 'closed Doors' Restaurant Recommendations?

I have always dreamed to visit Japan, one day! A totally different world.

Lived there for some time. Did not really enjoy so much.

Super expensive, horrible weather, and foreighners are not made welcome.

Lived there for some time. Did not really enjoy so much.

Super expensive, horrible weather, and foreighners are not made welcome.

Ceviche, come on now. Are you serious, foreigners not welcomed there? Every time, sometime twice in a year back home, strolling the streets of Tokyo's various wards or districts, every chance I get, I approach those foreign persosn(s) walking by and ask how they like being in Japan,they all say, they like very much, the foods are exotic looking and taste heavenly good, the Japanese people are very polite, but hoping they speak a sukoosh more English etc. Super expensive part I understand,if you are always shopping in the main fare streets ie: Ginza,Shinjuku,Shibuya,and other fancy parts, try doing some shopping in 5th ave New York, then tell me which are more expensive. I still can manage a one coin lunch 500 yen,US$4.60 or so, and piping hot lunches, no cold sandwiches,,,and can keep going for ever but, come on, no joking please...We have the "omotenashi" spirit to offering to all Japan visiting foreigners...

High noon here in California by the bay. Have got to do my daily chore, hit the Gym as always, then while on my thread mill, have to be making mental notes as to what to cook for my Dinner!..I have French Mouton Cadet, Bordeaux by baron Philippe de Rothchild vintage
2010, so have to prepare an appropriate dish to go with this vintage! Life is good, whenever I am ! Ha,ha,haaa

In the end, I did go to Cocina Sunae, which was quite nice. It does not have the closed-room atmosphere (where you share tables with strangers), but is more like a very nice small restaurant. There were about 20 seats inside and a dozen or so more outside the main room. 2 waiters and Sunae who walked around. It was less personal than I expected, but the food was excellent.

If you want the shared table experience you can get that at Casa Saltshaker for sure, they only have one communal table. Some of the others may as well but I haven't been to another that did.

Back