Any English Bookstore

Hey Guys,

Do you know if any of these places sell dual language texts? I've been looking for dual language books for quite sometime now. i have been finding english books and spanish books but not the illusive doble idiomas. All help is greatly appreciated.

NoVegetables said:
. . . . i have been finding english books and spanish books but not the illusive doble idiomas. . . .
When I first began to learn Spanish, I was given a dual-text Bible. It certainly helped: we all know some of the Bible, as it's a bedrock text of Western civilization, but having the English to refresh the memory was useful. I'd guess that any religious bookstore -- well, at the least, most Protestant religious bookstores -- will have some of these dual-text Bibles, and perhaps at a subsidized price.

I also find dual-language books very helpful. I found a few at Walrus, a used-bookstore that specialies in English books. Its in SanTelmo, on Estados Unidos I think.

You might want to Kel as well - its new English books. They have a few stores. There is one Marcelo T Alvear and a new one in the DOT shopping centre.

Good luck.

I just fou d a new one. On Av de Mayo, north side, between 9 de Julio and Florida (I knw that's a few blocks, but I didn't note the exact location). Its very old SPanish used book shop, with some great stuff. But they do have English books and right now they are all on sale.

And I certainly echo the recommendation for Walrus, which is a great shop.

NoVegetables said:
Do you know if any of these places sell dual language texts?

I saw an ad in Clarin about a month or two ago that they're now producing the classics in Spanish/English for the sake of learning English, but they could certainly be used the other way around. It was my understanding that they were a collection, i.e., each week or month a new one would come out and they seemed very reasonably priced.

In fact, here's an article on it (in Spanish, though):
Clarin bilingual books

Suerte!

The Clarin books have been around for some time. There is a bookstore on Corrienties right near Libertad - very close to 9 de Julio and the subte that has quite a few (maybe 50 different books). These are short (40-50 pages) abridged versions of classics. Best of all, they are only 2 pesos each. I've never seen them anywhere else. They are right in the front of the shop. South side of the street.

wreReynolds said:
I just found a new one. On Av de Mayo, north side, between 9 de Julio and Florida...
wreReynolds said:
There is a bookstore on Corrienties right near Libertad... South side of the street.
I love that you are using "North" & "South", because nearly no one in this entire town has a clue which way is north. It cracks me up. I'll often say "It's on the NorthWest corner, not that you have any idea what that means, of -------- y --------."

I just don't know how the people can be so clueless to the directions, but I'm guessing that it originates from having about 99.73% ONE WAY STREETS in this town.

Does anyone know if Walrus is open in the evening?

mahara

Back