Any English Bookstore

Hi all,
I am new to Buenos Aires and just finished the last book I brought down here. Does anyone have any recommendations on where to go to find some English books, either used or new? I live in Palermo but I also have classes by the Callao and Tribunales subte stops on linea D. Thanks for the help.

Dave.

Hey Dave,
There is an amazing English used books store in a little mall on the corner of Santa Fe and Pueyrredon. They have a large selection and the man that owns/works there speaks English, and is very helpful. It also has a great 'used book smell' in the store that make me smile. I highly recommend going there and checking it out!

HDM

KEL is a small chain (4 or 5 stores) of English language bookstores in Buenos Aires. There is a branch not too far from you. It is at Marcelo T. de Alvear 1369. They stock predominately books related to the English language and teaching, but there is also a large selection of greatly overpriced novels.

There is a nice place called Boutique del Libro in Palermo Soho (Thames 1762) with a decent selection of english books on the second floor, as well as Walrus in San Telmo (Estados Unidos 617), which I have not been to but has been recommended by a number of people. Apparently they recently recieved a large shipment so the selection should be good.

HDM

I love Boutique del Libro, it is my favorite small Buenos Aires bookstore, and I am often in the cafe, but I must say that the selection of English books upstairs is tiny, and if you take away the English learning books, there are maybe a hundred titles. Go to B del Libro for the atmosphere (and if you read Spanish), but KEL will give you the most selection, although the prices are pretty ridiculous -- I have noted at least a 40% markup over US prices for the same book.

HDM said:
KEL is a small chain (4 or 5 stores) of English language bookstores in Buenos Aires. There is a branch not too far from you. It is at Marcelo T. de Alvear 1369. They stock predominately books related to the English language and teaching, but there is also a large selection of greatly overpriced novels.
/"City Slickers"/ Scoop of vanilla, scoop of chocolate. Don't waste my time. /"City Slickers"/

flippinkittin said:
Hey Dave,
There is an amazing English used books store in a little mall on the corner of Santa Fe and Pueyrredon. They have a large selection and the man that owns/works there speaks English, and is very helpful. It also has a great 'used book smell' in the store that make me smile. I highly recommend going there and checking it out!

Actually, these folks have two locations:

Recoleta:
Santa Fe and Pueyrredon
Av Santa Fe 2450
Loc 7-Subsuelo

Belgrano:
Ave Cabildo 2280
Loc 80-81 - 1 Piso

Lunes A Viernes 9:30 a 12:30 & 16 a 19 Hs
Sabados: 9:30 a 13:00

Don't know if you already saw this on the main page, but its right up your ally:

Thursday, 13 August

Buenos Aires Book Crawl[LandingPadBA.com]
Do you want some real excitement? Do you want to spend hours skimming through cover flaps, making mental reading lists and searching through dusty volumes to find bargains?* If literature, history and...