Any leads on BA restaurants with spicy food?

Saigon. San Telmo. Mercado Bolivar. You can get your pho with sliced jalapeno and red chili seed oil.
Sounds delicious, thanks!

dimi bar in chacarita is run by two american spiceheads and has decent heat integrated into most of the dishes - they also drop like three types of hot sauce on the table for you
My kind of people, lol. Long taxi ride from La Boca, but I'm definitely going to make the trip!

Check out Nola for Cajun (Gorriti 4389). Went there several times during my last visit. Food isn't especially spicy but they have a good variety of sauces to add an extra kick.

The hottest food to be found in Buenos Aires is at a place called Un Cuenco Chino.

Bartolomé Mitre 1189, Buenos Aires

Ask for the real menu. Assure them you want it spicy. I ate a lot of Szechuan food when I lived in China and feel like this place was 10 times hotter than anything I ate in China.

So, I'm a (very) spicy food aficionado. Jalapeno level of heat is ok, but I love anything habanero level of heat or hotter. Done and won several hottest wing "challenges" in the States. When I go to a Thai or Indian restaurant, I always ask for "native hot" (basically a level or two hotter than whatever level of "white guy" hot is listed on the menu). Mentioning all this just to highlight that by spicy food, I'm not referring to a local "empanada carne picante" that is a mild level of chipotle heat at best.

Prior to arriving in BA in September, I lived in Cancún for six months (which was spicy food heaven for me) and Bogotá for six months. Bogotá was more of a challenge, but there was a Buffalo Wild Wings knockoff that had some mango habanero wings with good heat, and I also found an Indian restaurant with some great curry dishes where I could specify the level of heat on a scale of 1 to 10; so it was enough to scratch the itch.

However, I've been sort of going through spicy food withdrawal here in BA, lol...most of the food seems pretty mild, even at "foreign food" places that I would typically expect to have a spicy dish or two. I've tried a couple Mexican places (La Fabrica and Che Taco), an Indian place (Delhi Mahal), a Thai place (Green Curry), and an Arab place (Rifi Comida Árabe), all with no luck. I think the Thai place let me choose from "bajo / medio / alto" for heat level, but the alto tasted like maybe they sprinkled in some Tabasco sauce at most. The spiciest thing I've tasted here is the Bloody Mary I had yesterday afternoon at Dada Bistró close to Plaza San Martin (their shrimp risotto was fantastic BTW).

Anyways, not a complaint by any means, I know it is what it is and that Argentines typically don't have the palate for spicy foods, but surely there's got to be at least one or two places in this city with a couple of dishes that pack a punch?? If anyone happens to see or know of a restaurant that might be up my alley, please let me know. ¡Gracias!

Don't know of anything that hot in BA....

Back