Any UBA graduates out there?

And one more thing, during my semester at UBA...we didn't have class for a month because the students took the building after a piece of ceiling fell down and seriously injured a girl in the womens bathroom.

Alilou said:
A fun little anecdote....

I decided to try to enroll in the UBA last year. It was impossible to really figure out where to start. I managed to get all the documents for this year. I went to the Min. de Educacion. My high school diploma was rejected because it didn't have a sticker seal on it... it didn't come with one. I asked my high school if they could do that. They of course said no. The min. de educacion says I have to get a letter from my high school stating the reasons as to why they can't put a sticker on my diploma, then get it notarized, apostilled, translated, and certified. I'm considering making a sticker seal myself and just putting it on my diploma. My transcript was rejected because the first two pages are switched. If we just change the order, the stamps won't match up correctly so they won't be valid. I was told I'd have to start the process all over again... starting with asking for another official transcript (since this one already has mismatched stamps). UBA is a total joke. I actually already studied at UBA for a semester (through FLACSO), taking direct enrollment classes and actually passed all my classes. And I have a college degree. But my high school transcript doesn't have a sticker and the state of california mis-stapled my transcript. SO I'm apparently unqualified to enter in the UBA. I wouldn't bother with UBA unless you are married to an Argentine who will never leave Argentina and are thus quite literally stuck here forever more and can't afford a private school or no private school has the program you are interested in. The difficulties in enrollment are just foreshadowing for what UBA is like...(it took me 2 weeks to find my first class at UBA... why? because i got to class on time. the third week i sat in the class room for over an hour after class started before a man walked in casually smoking... i asked him about the class... turns out... he was the prof... a hour late... the students strolled in afterwards.... or how about this? an argentine friend of mine completed the cbc before being told that he was not officially enrolled... and thus had to do it all again... he gave up. now he is more successful than any college grad i know).

Well, if your papers are wrong they were nice rejecting them. At a private university they take them, you pay for 4 or 5 years, then your degree will be rejected because the Ministerio de Educación will reject them when they double check your papers, or el Ministerio de Educación.

If the papers you have are just like this, no sticker, then you should claim throught an amparo, this is a remedy against arbitrariness. If the pages are simply in the wrong order, the remedies is the same.

By the way, to find out where your class is, there are schedules posted on the walls with the time, class, location, etc. And the Centro de Estudiante has a magazine with all this info. All the info is there, "but self service".

Ask the letter to your high school, don´t make a face seal, they will find out and you will have a criminal prosecution against you.

Regards

The class started an hour later than the listed class hour. No joke. Every single class day. Its status quo As for the documents being incorrect, they are not. They are as they should be. Originals. Legalized. Nothing is falsified. My school didn't put a sticker on the diploma. They printed the seal. It is the official, legal document. As for the second document, fine. Its out of order. But the document is the original legal document. As it was presented to me. And all required info is in it. But I can accept that this needs to be corrected. I forget to add that the other problem with the transcript is that the years are listed 00-01, 01- 02, etc instead of 2000- 2001, 2001-2002. The Min. de Educacion wants my school to literally make it a new transcript to meet its requirements. No school would do that. And I was being a bit sarcastic about making the sticker. I'm frustrated. I paid a lot and went out of my way to collect all these documents and have them all notarized, apostilled, translated, and certified. It took a long time. And now I have to go through the entire process again. If I decide to bother.

Alilou said:
The class started an hour later than the listed class hour. No joke. Every single class day.

That´s why I suggested to make some research before you choose a class, there are excellent professors at UBA, there are "chantas" too.

Alilou said:
Its status quo As for the documents being incorrect, they are not. They are as they should be. Originals. Legalized. Nothing is falsified. My school didn't put a sticker on the diploma. They printed the seal. It is the official, legal document.

Ok, this is an standard issue with bureaucrats. The Hague apostille proves that they are valid, that´s what it is for. So, you should start a reconsideration appeal before an amparo, then you deal with a lawyer instead a bureaucrat.

Alilou said:
As for the second document, fine. Its out of order. But the document is the original legal document. As it was presented to me. And all required info is in it. But I can accept that this needs to be corrected.

I don´t understand properly what the problem is.

Alilou said:
I forget to add that the other problem with the transcript is that the years are listed 00-01, 01- 02, etc instead of 2000- 2001, 2001-2002. The Min. de Educacion wants my school to literally make it a new transcript to meet its requirements. No school would do that.

The same as the first issue.

Alilou said:
And I was being a bit sarcastic about making the sticker. I'm frustrated. I paid a lot and went out of my way to collect all these documents and have them all notarized, apostilled, translated, and certified. It took a long time. And now I have to go through the entire process again. If I decide to bother.

You don´t need to do all again just to understand how the system works.

Regards

Laurel, any update on your situation? Planning on transfering to UBA from a liberal arts college in the states. Would love to hear more about your experience studying in UBA. thank you!!

I too have considered a masters in Management / Business Administration in Tourism... I have a bachelor's from the states. would love any feedback from anyone who is familiar with the program or master's programs in general at the UBA!

a few years late, but thought I'd contribute to this thread! I wrote an article on my experience enrolling in a master's program at UBA. Definitely a great decision. http://urbanexpats.com/2015/04/27/how-to-enroll-in-a-masters-program-at-uba/

Back