Anybody else notice coffee recently not tasting good?

Some Bonfide stores will grind special coffee beans from Colombia or Brazil to your desired espresso needs. Cost $2900 per kilo. (Not torrado varieties).
Bonafide: Av. Pueyrredon almost corner of Av. Santa Fe.

Sorry, my mistake the price is $2900 per 1/4 kilo.... !

Anyone notice how difficult it is to find coffee these days, at any price? Carrefour, at least in Malaver, has NO coffee at all!

Anyone notice how difficult it is to find coffee these days, at any price? Carrefour, at least in Malaver, has NO coffee at all!
I usually buy coffee at either the Starbucks or Cafe Martinez. Starbucks charges ~7000 pesos for 250g, but it's Colombian, at least, and they grind it to my spec on the spot. Martinez is less expensive, but it's that Brazilian crap, and pre-ground.

I usually buy coffee at either the Starbucks or Cafe Martinez. Starbucks charges ~7000 pesos for 250g, but it's Colombian, at least, and they grind it to my spec on the spot. Martinez is less expensive, but it's that Brazilian crap, and pre-ground.
I'll try Cafe Martinez! Thanks for the info.

I've noticed a significant decline in the quality of coffee beans, even in the U.S. Sometimes I import organic coffee from the same manufacturer, and it's evident that the quality is not what it used to be. It's not just about inflation leading to higher prices, the quality of products is also decreasing, and this trend extends beyond just coffee.

I've noticed a significant decline in the quality of coffee beans, even in the U.S. Sometimes I import organic coffee from the same manufacturer, and it's evident that the quality is not what it used to be. It's not just about inflation leading to higher prices, the quality of products is also decreasing, and this trend extends beyond just coffee.
In keeping with the meme, I would point out that after The Crisis of the Third Century, commerce within the Roman Empire was never the same again, as the trade routes never recovered. It could be argued with some justification that our current situation is in some ways analogous...

La Peruana - Av. Independencia 927, C1071 CABA, Argentina (They recently moved from calle Chacabuco en San Telmo.)

I've been buying my coffee there for 20 years. It's still excellent.

I paid 3500/cuarto kilo three weeks ago. They import it and roast it. They sell to many restaurants in the city, as well.

They grind it for you if you need it ground.

I’ll just leave this here: https://www.nationalgeographic.co.u...-the-future-of-coffee-and-other-popular-foods

Note that Argentina is expected to become more suitable for coffee growing.

For now I’m buying Montibello coffee (IG montobellocafe) from Mercado Libre, either Brazilian or Colombian beans to grind at home. It’s quite ok for daily coffee drinking.
A Rio Parana coffee belt would be interesting here as the map depicts. As much as I hate the ongoing and yet to come climate change, I think Argentina is one of the countries best suited to weather and even potentially benefit economically.

Back