Anybody Up For An Expat Scientology Coffee Morning?

This event is now sold out and there are no remaining tickets. 2 tickets were purchased by people in the BA Expat community and I would like to thank you for the business.

For those that missed out there is another one tentatively scheduled for August in Punta del Este Uruguay with high profile speakers from the world of politics, business and the entertainment industry.

To the cynics, I would just say that cynicism stems from disappointment. Ultimately it is corrosive, self destructive and obstructs the search for truth. Of course we understand that c[font=Helvetica Neue']ynical and faithless people were not always like that. They were filled with possibilities and hope as children. But they tried and perhaps failed.[/font] Scientology can help but they really need to reflect and take that first step to freedom.

Believe in yourselves and you may be surprised with what you can achieve.

I am a successful multi-millionaire businessman, drive a Ferrari and eat in the best restaurants BA has to offer because I took that first step.

[font=Helvetica Neue']May the force of love, compassion and forgiveness be with you all.[/font]

[font=Helvetica Neue']MM[/font]

Today:

I am a successful multi-millionaire businessman, drive a Ferrari and eat in the best restaurants BA has to offer because I took that first step.

Two weeks ago:

Actually I sold the Ferrari and bought an antique Porsche..........nothing quite like German engineering. I need to update my profile pic.

March 13, 2016 (I could not use the quote feature because the thread is no longer open.)

post_offline.png
Musicman

Posted 13 March 2016 - 03:13 PM

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]I have recently finished a project here in the USA that has left me with $1 million USD spare cash in the bank. Rather than taking the dull boring route of investing this money I am considering moving to BA later in the year and wanted to get some feedback on what my monthly living expenses will be and how long I can live there with this amount of cash before I need to find a job. I already own my own apartment so I dont need to pay rent and[/background][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)] I expect to live like a local and eat out at weekends in local restaurants with minimum indulgences and excess[/background][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)].[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]End quote.[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Here's the to the thread: [/background]http://baexpats.org/...ng-can-it-last/

steveinbsas (today):
I remember selling all four Porsches I owned, as well as two Renault 17 Gordinis, three Mercedes (one was a motor home), three 1800 series Volvos (one was a sports wagon), three BMW's and a Saab 900 turbo. I traded a vintage Daimler (MK II Jaguar) for art.

It's not the sort of thing a car lover ever forgets, even though I bought and sold all of these cars (with the exception of the last Mercedes) over 25 years ago.

I wonder how anyone could forget selling a Ferrari in two weeks.
emo32.gif

steveinbsas (today):
I remember selling all four Porsches I owned, as well as two Renault 17 Gordinis, three Mercedes (one was a motor home), three 1800 series Volvos (one was a sports wagon), three BMW's and a Saab 900 turbo. I traded a vintage Daimler (MK II Jaguar) for art.

It's not the sort of thing a car lover ever forgets, even though I bought and sold all of these cars (with the exception of the last Mercedes) over 25 years ago.

I wonder how anyone could forget selling a Ferrari in two weeks.
emo32.gif

I envy you your Volvo 1800s. Always thought they were among the prettiest of the sporty cars. Never got one, but did have a Triumph TR3. What a piece of shit, and how I loved it! Absolutely nothing worked well on it, from the horrible Lucas electrics to the abominable SU carburation. And it handled like a tractor, which was not surprising because it was literally powered by an engine originally designed to power a tractor.

Maybe the worst car I ever had - and I still miss it after forty years.

And no, no one would ever forget buying or selling a car s/he loves.

I envy you your Volvo 1800s. Always thought they were among the prettiest of the sporty cars. Never got one, but did have a Triumph TR3. What a piece of shit, and how I loved it! Absolutely nothing worked well on it, from the horrible Lucas electrics to the abominable SU carburation. And it handled like a tractor, which was not surprising because it was literally powered by an engine originally designed to power a tractor.

Maybe the worst car I ever had - and I still miss it after forty years.

And no, no one would ever forget buying or selling a car s/he loves.

My guilty pleasure was an MGB. Loved that car.

Dear MusicMan, I would like to apologise for my previous cynicism on this thread. Having read all the links and information you have posted so far, I am interested in learning more about the teaching of the great man, LRH and his vision for humanity through Scientology. In particular, I want to expand my boundaries and understanding of the human mind. We should ignore the malicious rumours about the galactic overlord, Xenu, from those who seek to undermine LRH through a misreading of his teachings. I can pay the $7,999 in advance for the meeting and would be delighted with receiving some free auditing. Do you accept checks or credit cards as well as cash? I wish to benefit from the UK Gift Aid Scheme, which means an extra 25% will go the the Church as it is a registered charity and known for helping people recover from the harmful effects of the psychiatry, psychology and mainstream health industries. I look forward to receiving more details in due course.

Dear MusicMan, I would like to apologise for my previous cynicism on this thread. Having read all the links and information you have posted so far, I am interested in learning more about the teaching of the great man, LRH and his vision for humanity through Scientology. In particular, I want to expand my boundaries and understanding of the human mind. We should ignore the malicious rumours about the galactic overlord, Xenu, from those who seek to undermine LRH through a misreading of his teachings. I can pay the $7,999 in advance for the meeting and would be delighted with receiving some free auditing. Do you accept checks or credit cards as well as cash? I wish to benefit from the UK Gift Aid Scheme, which means an extra 25% will go the the Church as it is a registered charity and known for helping people recover from the harmful effects of the psychiatry, psychology and mainstream health industries. I look forward to receiving more details in due course.

Hi and thanks for your comments. I agree its best to keep an open mind to all the possibilities, however, the BA event is now sold out. The next one is planned for Punta del Este and I will be in touch nearer the time. We will do another one in Buenos Aires shortly but no dates confirmed yet. Watch this space.

MM

BAExpats is causing me to lose my sense of humor: I have a hard time differentiating, in this thread, the earnest posts from the ironic posts.

You can call me a punctuation fanatic if you wish, but not using quotation marks in a post gives the appearance of plagiarism.

[font=Droid Serif']"The only thing that stands between a person and what they want from life is often merely the will to try it and the faith to believe that it is possible. " [/font]

[font=Droid Serif']A google search attributes this quote to several individuals,.[/font]

[font=Droid Serif']"You don't have a soul, you are your own soul. In other words, you are not this book, your social security card, your body, your mind. You are you."[/font]

[font=Droid Serif']A google search attributes this quote to L. Ron Hubbard [/font]

[font=Droid Serif']"You too can be a millionaire and live the life of your dreams."[/font]

[font=Droid Serif']This one didn't come up in a google search as a notable quote so it's all yours. It sound more like something you'd find in a multi-level marketing meting than in any church. [/font]

[font=Droid Serif']Here's one I made up: [/font]

You too can be a millionaire if you join the church of scientology.

Included in the first page of the google search:

Scientology's Disgrace: An Open Letter To Tom Cruise — Digital Spy

Why Tom Cruise and John Travolta can't leave Scientology

Scientology town Clearwater where members pay $100k to learn ...

From page two:

The Illusion of Self-determinism in Scientology - Mike Rinder's Blog

Hubbard spoke to Musicboy directly from hell, and told him he does not have to use quotes when using his scamlinguistics. Seriously you of washed half-a- brain, you are a sad and lost soul and I feel bad for your parents. Please push your for sale junk out of here and into the classified section. Better than that, try to find another way to feed yourself.

Back