Anyone bought us$ this week?

davonz said:
It is becoming stupid when a country/bank doesnt even want your US$.

And for all the people who are defending the new rules, i would love to know why i cant change my US$ ?????

Banco Piano will change your checks. I sold there some paypal check, they gave me pesos of course.

Smcali23 said:
Quick question -

A couple of people have referred to this already in this thread, but my wife's parents have a long-term rental (2 year contracts, not temporary) in dollars.

Just wondering if it's legal or not, because the land lady's going ballistic about the idea of not getting paid in dollars (due to these issues) and I would like to be able to give some informed advice on what their rights are in this respect.

I suggest you go for a mediation with a lawyer. No matter what the contract says, there is an "hecho fortuito", is means a fact that wasn t expected when you sign the contract, and it means that you can re negociate.

So, before going to Court you have a mediation and then the case goes to Court.

Meanwhile the judge open a bank account and you deposit the rent in pesos there at the official price. The landlord will acept freak out about this idea. I don t think you are going to go to trial.

Any further question you can call me or PM.

Regards

Well, i was authorized to buy 33 dollars.

Seems that they do the following: canasta familiar (indec cost of living) less your salary and you can buy only what is left.

Of course nobody is approved because people evades half of their income as an argentine standar. And you guys, no offense, were evading 100 percent being perma-tourist.

I talked with my accountant and I have to wait until 1st of january and I am going to jump 2 categories in Monotributo and then I will be able to buy about 2.500 USs per month paying 750 pesos more in taxes.

This new rules are normal in any other country for buying currency and they are related to avoid the irregular economy, it means, to evade taxes.

So, a good advice is that perhaps this is a good timming to regularize yourself regarding immigration status and/or taxes. Paying 1000 pesos in tax you declares that you make 15.000 pesos (more or less, I am not the accountant).
Regards

Bajo_cero2 said:
Of course nobody is approved because people evades half of their income as an argentine standar. And you guys, no offense, were evading 100 percent being perma-tourist.

That's just wrong! We are salaried employees who pay our taxes right before we even see the money. We fill our income tax forms every year even though it it NOT required if you are salaried.

The problem is that we were not registered with AFIP which is also NOT required for a salaried employee.

So now we have to run around doing a bunch of tramites to get our legally earned & saved money out of the country when we leave next month.

Meanwhile it's business at usually for illegal activities, working/renting in black, money laundering, the guys at the top have zero problem changing money, etc, etc.

As much as I've loved my time here. I think I'm ready to go. I've aged so much in the last 3 years.

Mimi, please, with all my respect:

I suggest you look for another accountant.

Seems that your employers might be evading taxs and, no matter what do you think or what do they tell you, you might be working under the table.

1. AFIP has all the info of the employeds that work legally, here you have been ill-advised when you assert that "The problem is that we were not registered with AFIP which is also NOT required for a salaried employee".

Go to the AFIP website, use your cuil and password and take a look at "mis aportes", there you can double check if they are paying what they have to pay.

2. Employeds must pay ganancias if your salary is over 5782 pesos for single or married with less than 2 children. Marriage with 2 or more children pays only over 7998. You mentioned that you saved money, then you are over that minimum for sure.

http://www.afip.gov.ar/gananciasybienes/#empleados

I cntrl copy what the afip website says:

"Empleados en Relación de Dependencia

¿Quiénes están obligados a presentar declaraciones juradas anuales del Impuesto a las Ganancias y/o del Impuesto sobre los Bienes Personales?

comunLink.gif
Los empleados"
comunLink.gif

mini said:
So now we have to run around doing a bunch of tramites to get our legally earned & saved money out of the country when we leave next month.

Asumming that you paid all the taxes as you assert and my speculations are wrong, as soon as the AFIP rejects you, you can start an amparo at Court. With corralito there were thousands of amparos and they won them all. They were slow because there were too many but right now there seems to be only one case.
Regards

Bajo_cero2 said:
This new rules are normal in any other country for buying currency and they are related to avoid the irregular economy, it means, to evade taxes.

No, these rules are definitely NOT normal for any other country. :p It's one thing to raise red flags and have your tax agency looking at you with a magnifying glass for suspected fraud... it's quite another to make common transactions a pain for everyday people. :rolleyes:

Eclair said:
No, these rules are definitely NOT normal for any other country. :p It's one thing to raise red flags and have your tax agency looking at you with a magnifying glass for suspected fraud... it's quite another to make common transactions a pain for everyday people. :rolleyes:

I disagree with you. When I was living in the US i sent money to my bank account in Argentina until they reject me because I sent more than I don t remember the limit. This is the same way it works here. My employed was allowed to buy 2000 uSs while I was allowed to buy only 33. She didn t buy any dollars in the Whole year while I did. So, I know that this is a pain in the A....s but hiperinflacion is worst.

Your suggestion that we or the company are evading taxes is a joke and not a funny one either. We are the muppets that have done everything by the ever changing book.

But I may have miss wrote above. What I can tell you is we have filled our taxes every year. I just pulled out the papers. But somehow THEY (AFIP) tell us we are not registered. They have all the information about us. They knows how much we make & how much we paid in taxes. It is in their database! However we still can not send money as we are "not registered"! You explain that one because at this point I can not.

I do not have time to deal with "amparos" as we are leaving in a month & frankly the point is I SHOULDN'T have to! It's our money that we earned, paid taxes on (which they clearly have access too this information) and saved which we would like to take us when we move out of the country.

Meanwhile the black economy ticks away with out a hiccup.

mini said:
Your suggestion that we or the company are evading taxes is a joke and not a funny one either. We are the muppets that have done everything by the ever changing book.

I consulted with my accountant before to write that. Have you done what I suggested? Mis aportes...do it.
Did you submit the papers yourself or you used an accountant? I had a case some years ago where the same happend and the accountant never did it and he stole the money that he received to pay the taxes. The boys are good but, if you control them, they are better (Peron)

mini said:
But I may have miss wrote above. What I can tell you is we have filled our taxes every year. I just pulled out the papers. But somehow THEY (AFIP) tell us we are not registered. They have all the information about us. They knows how much we make & how much we paid in taxes. It is in their database! However we still can not send money as we are "not registered"! You explain that one because at this point I can not.

Afip has its website where you can check how is yous status, Everybody takes a look from time to time there to double check that everything is in order. Seems that somehow you didn t.

mini said:
I do not have time to deal with "amparos" as we are leaving in a month & frankly the point is I SHOULDN'T have to! It's our money that we earned, paid taxes on (which they clearly have access too this information) and saved which we would like to take us when we move out of the country. .

There are two clear things: You can leave, your money stays here because of your own negligency (no offense). So, I suggest you make some time to study what the hell is an amparo while you are here because this is going to be easier for you. Being here you can easily schedule appointments with some lawyers to have a clear idea of your case.

Meanwhile, my accountant suggest you open a bank account, take a debit card and use that money abroad while you solve the issue. Good news, whatever you spend abroad will be debit at the official rate.

You welcome.

Bajo_cero2 said:
I consulted with my accountant before to write that. Have you done what I suggested? Mis aportes...do it.
Did you submit the papers yourself or you used an accountant? I had a case some years ago where the same happend and the accountant never did it and he stole the money that he received to pay the taxes. The boys are good but, if you control them, they are better (Peron)

Afip has its website where you can check how is yous status, Everybody takes a look from time to time there to double check that everything is in order. Seems that somehow you didn t.

Dude, I have ALREADY DONE THIS! What part of that do you not understand? We know our status at AFIP and are discussing with AFIP them. We have submitted all of our tax forms every year, paid all of our taxes, social contribution, etc and yet AFIP is STILL telling us we are not registered even though they have all the information.

Bajo_cero2 said:
There are two clear things: You can leave, your money stays here because of your own negligency (no offense). So, I suggest you make some time to study what the hell is an amparo while you are here because this is going to be easier for you. Being here you can easily schedule appointments with some lawyers to have a clear idea of your case.

Meanwhile, my accountant suggest you open a bank account, take a debit card and use that money abroad while you solve the issue. Good news, whatever you spend abroad will be debit at the official rate.

You welcome.

WE HAVE DONE EVERYTHING BY THE BOOK! It seems very difficult for you to understand that.

And BTW, we already have a bank account (thank you for that tip :rolleyes:) and I have already sent some money via credit card. So your accountant isn't the only clever one. But keeping it here for the peso to devalue & use it little by little via debit card is just plain silly.

The point is and continues to be that the idea that even if you have everything by the book you can take your money out is simply NOT TRUE.

Back