Anyone bought us$ this week?

anyone with a clave fiscal can check the limit of how much pesos can one convert to USD or Other Currency on AFIP site.
And CITI ATM is popping USD again instead of the 066 error last monday...
The IT system has been upgraded.

ghost said:
It's going to become more difficult to transact in dollars. If you must pay rent in dollars [which by the way is illegal] you may be in very deep doo doo.

Actually - not illegal at all for a short-term apt. But agreed, it will certainly become more difficult.

Lucas...please please stop! Stop smoking that stuff!!

I got an email from a European friend last night (with Argentine residence) who has a DNI ..she's been legally working for an oil firm for the past 3yrs etc... she was extremely upset when she tried to go & buy some dollars that she needs to get for the trip she has booked in two weeks...they made her run around in circles filling out forms asking for ridiculous personal info like who are her parents? why is she trying to buy US$? How long has she lived here? why is she going overseas? Why did she come here? How much money does she have saved up? What bank is it at? and on and on & on when finally after wasting two days (and getting all her personal data) - they REFUSED her PERMISSION to buy Dollars!!!! Who the Hell do they think they are denying people their civil right to exchange their OWN money????

IF THERE WAS SUCH AN URGENT NEED TO "PROTECT" ARGENTINA & CRACK DOWN ON TAX DODGERS THEN WHY DID THE GOV WAIT TILL AFTER THE ELECTIONS TO DENY OUR CIVIL RIGHTS & STOP US ALL FROM BUYING US DOLLARS WHEN THEY COULD HAVE DONE IT YEARS AGO??

I keep asking you & Marksoc BUT like a couple of little COWARDS :) YOU BOTH DODGE ANSWERING THE QUESTION! ((( **** WHY??? **** )))

Here we are,...we have Lucas parroting the same old stale Gov line of 'We are defending the interests of Argentina' crap again meanwhile the K Government has admitted that they are in a panic now that there is a run on the Banks for US$ dollar deposits....locals are lining up trying to quietly withdraw their US Dollars & the Ks are running around squealing like little stuffed pigs - they HAVE OPENED the floodgates on a tormented public who are still reeling from Corralito 2001...Now they have to clamp down on URUGUAYAN banks selling US$ dollars to Argentinos.... WHAT GREAT GENIUSES they are! What else can they do to make it worse I ask?

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1423446-en-uruguay-los-argentinos-encuentran-el-dolar-caro
http://www.infobae.com/notas/616776...-mas-dolares-y-llegan-divisas-de-mineras.html

Lucas, you & Marcsoc should stop watching Cronica & that State TV 678 Komie show and just read some real news like La Nacion, Clarin, Infobae, TN, C5N ...YES! you heard 'right' ...anything is better than the daily diet of brain numbing K Komrade propaganda they feed you.

Lucas said:
Amado Boudou stressed that the laws haven't changed; they're just being enforced like never before.

Evading taxes was easier in Argentina before the government updated its computer systems. Now, the tax agency, Central Bank and money laundering watchdog all have access to the same data, and can detect when someone is moving more cash than can be justified by their declared income.

"Nothing has changed with respect to the possibility of buying dollars. Everyone who can demonstrate their income can acquire them," Boudou, now doubling as vice president-elect, said Monday on Twitter.

Then he added a warning:

"But those who hoped that this government would stop defending the country because it won the elections, forget about it. This government works for Argentina."

notebook.fix said:
IF THERE WAS SUCH AN URGENT NEED TO "PROTECT" ARGENTINA & CRACK DOWN ON TAX DODGERS THEN WHY DID THE GOV WAIT TILL AFTER THE ELECTIONS TO DENY OUR CIVIL RIGHTS & STOP US ALL FROM BUYING US DOLLARS WHEN THEY COULD HAVE DONE IT YEARS AGO??

Hahahaha, the world must have come a very long way for purchasing US dollars to be a civil right!

Luckily we've solved poverty, discrimination and inequality to the point that you can dare whine about your inability to purchase US dollars en blanco as a denial of a civil right!!! :rolleyes:

It's so obvious, I'm surprised they didn't include it in the Magna Carta.

Do you want to panic ?
- It will be interesting to see the governmental measures being taken in January, since like many countries, the main vacations month is often used to pass unpopular decisions.
- This dollar run will extend to a peso run after!
- There are rumors about a Tax to be levied on bank accounts!
- There is another rumor (many rumors, lol) that a Constitutional reform will allow Cristina to get elected for a 3rd time! (or worse, Jorge Altamira is preparing a Putsch, get ready for the IVth International!)
- This panic works like a vicious circle or an "autorealisation" prophecy -> will ruin trust -> will bankrupt the country. Panic! Panic!

Do you want not to panic?
- People rushing on USDs are excessively dumb (would be the same thing buying Euros, for different reasons): they should buy a basket of Norwegian Krone, CHF, NZ/CAD/AUS dollars (to be checked) + 5% in Gold (insurance). Furthermore, some seem to be ready to pay up to 5.20 -> Way too high (dirty money = better fiscal control will help the economy).
- Liquidation of another record season of soy/corn/wheat production is starting now and will last a few months!
- There are no cow related diseases & such in the World right now (main use for Soy) + US production was not too good this season (if I recall right) so the 2011/2012 Soy season looks quite promising (anyway, World ends in Dec 2012, what the heck?)
- Deposits in foreign currencies are of a value of 14/15 Billion dollars (already diminished by 2 or 3 I believe?). It is precisely being demonstrated that all the amouns can be & are paid (but there's a Sheep effect indeed -some would say "Panic"-).
- Dollar Future hardly hits the 5.00 level by the end of 2012. Be Conservative (I am into some aspects, while progressist in some others), "The Market is Always Right!" -> http://popuprofex.primary.com.ar:7001/MarketPricesViewer/html/rofexddf/nopopup.html

My opinion: This Sheep effect presents indeed a risk of an autorealized prophecy, and some medias don't help. Also, Argentina being a Latin country like France (the interesting etymology of Latin America http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin_America ), things are often done in a happy mess (hence the terminal problems at the start). But well, it has been implemented very quickly and quite efficientely, system probably needs to be tuned a bit, normal. I live in Argentina and I wish the best for this Country, supporting the so-called "Panic" seems to me unfair, so better name it a Sheep effect. This reform has virtues: Better fiscal control, better control also on the currency (The QE1,2,3,4 -?!- policies, very soon to be adopted in the Eurozone by the ECB alors also "unorthodox" methods to say the least). Do not forget (whatever your opinions are) that those measures are taken in a context of very high tension with some very powerful medias (they are defending their own interests, normal).

ndcj said:
Hahahaha, the world must have come a very long way for purchasing US dollars to be a civil right!

Luckily we've solved poverty, discrimination and inequality to the point that you can dare whine about your inability to purchase US dollars en blanco as a denial of a civil right!!! :rolleyes:

It's so obvious, I'm surprised they didn't include it in the Magna Carta.

Solved poverty and discrimination?? I guess all the growing Villas are upper middle class?? I guess "negros de mierda" is a loving term that I hear EVERYWHERE when referring to people from Peru, Bolivia, etc.

Nice try but you have a long long long long LOOOOOOOOOONG way to go before you can make that ridiculous claim.

notebook.fix said:
Lucas...please please stop! Stop smoking that stuff!!

Sorry about that, but...

Es lo que hay!

...besides they accept dollars only, and no hay, remember?.

notebook.fix said:
Lucas, you & Marcsoc should stop watching Cronica & that State TV 678 Komie show and just read some real news like La Nacion, Clarin, Infobae, TN, C5N ...YES! you heard 'right' ...anything is better than the daily diet of brain numbing K Komrade propaganda they feed you.

I've nothing more to say, you said it all.....it's better for your treatment if your mates continue to vote for Duhalde, Macri and Carrio and maybe with a bit of luck and a rear wind pushing in your favor you and your friends will get a whopping 2.5% total of the votes, a wonderful winning combination I reckon.

On the subject of La Nacion, Clarin, Infobae, TN, C5N and I won't even touch them with a 10 foot pole apart, to listen and read lies I got enough by having to listen Obama, Cameron or Sarkozy without a chance to avoid them even in the soup.

JWB said:
I guess "negros de mierda" is a loving term that I hear EVERYWHERE when referring to people from Peru, Bolivia, etc.

Free your chains Bro', there's life beyond Cnel Diaz, Sta Fe y 9 de Julio! (you are highly racist also)

Went to inquire about $ at banco supervielle today. i need us$ to pay the deposit of my flat.
they told me only argentinians and people with residency could buy dollars and only the amount determined by the afip!
what the hell.

Back