Anyone else heard of US$1000 hairdresser service here?

And when you as a gringo try to sell your services to Argentines, they try to bargain the deal and as a rule of thumb are late with payments

Bairesgirl said:
If by hair straightening service she meant
a Keratine straighting, or laser phototonic straightening which take about 2 hours to do and the straightening last 3 months.
Then in many normal hairdressers the going price is 500-600 pesos

I did it one month a go but paid substantially less as I bought a coupon at one of the daily coupon sites.

US1000 seems a bit/lot much, he is either very very good, uses premium products and is very recommended amongst Four seasons concierge (who might get a % of that), He works for the Four Seasons and thus it is the Hotel that sets rates....
or very very lucky and able to reach the right target for his services...

Hey I just bought a Groupon for this treatment and I am curious, Did you like the results?

Hi She has a Brazilian Keratin Straightening service with Javier Luna. Yes He was reported. And yes he did charge her 1000 USD. Which at the time was about 3500 pesos more than anyone else was charging. He has been investigated for various other problems with clients such as multiple billings to credit cards. And is also being sued by several of his ex employees for poor treatment and with holding pay, and keeping everyone in the black.
Unfortunately this is common here for stylists to rip clients off here who are coming in on a one time service.
And to this day he does not and is not recommended by the 4 Seasons anymore. I
believe it has gone to a level of lawyers and court involving him, the credit card company and the 4 Seasons.
Im not too sure if she got her money back.
I was working there when that happened. And everyone in the salon could not believe he charged her 1000 dollars for that service when in the salon we were charging between 250 and 400 pesos at the time. But that was over 4 years ago now.

Now if you want the BKS it costs anywhere from 500 to 800 pesos depending on your length and the time it takes to finish the service.
Anyone who is charging less that that. IS not using the actual real product, and probably not taking the right precautions while doing the service such as using gas masks, eye protection and doing it in an out door space that is highly ventilated.
So for anyone else who has an opinion or idea about what happened. There done, now you know what actually went down.

And yes in the USA or Canada or Europe for the same treatment starts at 500 USD and goes up to 1200 Dollars. That is common. And the treatment doesn't even last as long.

Wicked. Thanks Ryan, its surprising he treated staff poorly knowing the law here is so behind the workers and having been there himself, AND after the effort of getting a business up and running. Yes what goes around comes around but its a shame for those caught in the middle. The BKS sounds a bit full-on for my taste but as I´m balding I wont have to suffer the treatment

Back