Anyone Knows The Villa General Belgrano Area? (Cordoba)

I would take a trip over there and check it out. It's very dry and scrubby around that reservoir and it looks like what we would call a "redneck riviera" in the US and fills up with locals and tourists in the summer.
VGB itself is nice, but this area is pretty far out.
I looked into living in the area after a visit some years ago.

It is well known that after WW II, many nazis came to Argentina. Those with higher ranks moved to La Cumbrecita, and the others to Villa General Belgrano. Once in a while there are antisemitic comments in the local radio and newspapers.

And a lot of them moved to Bariloche, SMA, all over Patagonia... many people claimed to have seen Hitler in La Cumbre, another town north of Cordoba. Anyway, what's your point? There are antisemitic comments in local radio and newspaper even in places where nazis did not take refuge...

Some of the lots appear to only have a few trees.

If I remember correctly, you have five dogs...
emo32.gif
But his car has 4 tires. No problem.

When the nazi submarine during the Battle of River Plate 1938 the surviving marines (around 44) migrated to Villa General Belgrano. I visited one of their homes the architecture was beautiful. It is a German town with what I think is the largest Octoberfest in Argentina. Winter will be cold but because it is sort of in the mountains but not at the top so you have the advantage to reach the better rivers and little paradise as La Cumbrecita and Villa Alpina. If you have the opportunity visit Inti Yaco river. The area is growing in popularity combined with being close Santa Rosa. Not sure about the gated community I haven't been to that section but it would be good to be away from the center especially with how crowded it can become.

Here's a NEW 120 square meter, 2 bdrm house on a 400 square meter lot in Villa General Belgrano for $110K USD:

1.jpg

http://venta-casas.v...grano/104637237

Websites like vivavisoscom.ar are very good for house-hunting in el campo.

PS: It's possible that the 120 square meters includes the covered carport.

Construction "like" this costs about $7100 pesos per square meter where I live, but the finished houses are much better looking.

Here's a NEW 120 square meter, 2 bdrm house on a 400 square meter lot in Villa General Belgrano for $110K USD:

1.jpg

http://venta-casas.v...grano/104637237

Websites like vivavisoscom.ar are very good for house-hunting in el campo.

PS: It's possible that the 120 square meters includes the covered carport.

Construction like this costs about $7100 pesos where I live (based on a price I was quoted last week by a local home builder).

Typo maybe? 71.000 pesos rather?

I edited the post to include the words "sqaure meter" while you were making your post. As the cost of construction that was quoted was $7100 pesos per square meter, $710,000 pesos should be enough to build a house like this (with 100 meters of finished interior space).

Here are the first questions that came to mind:

How many lots are there, how many have been sold, and how many houses have actually been built?

Is there electricity and running (municipal) water to each lot?

Who is responsible for "street" maintenance (if any)?

What are the monthly "consorcio" fees, what are the fees used for, and how many of the property owners are up to date with their payments?

Is the "consorcio" up to date with its financial obligations?

How close are the nearest services, hospitals, grocery stores, and especially suppliers of building materials?

Who is available to build your house?

Where would you stay during construction?

Where could you safely store the building materials during construction?

He he... Those questions and many, many more indeed!

Of course, I plan a trip soon to VGB (did visit Cordoba twice, the city itself and rather the NW part with Villa Carlos Paz, Capilla del Monte, etc. Don't know the SW part of Cordoba).

For the last 2/3 questions:
- Indeed, finding the right people to build the house (i.e. who will do a good job) is quite a challenge. Nevertheless I live here since 11 years, my BS radar works quite well with people, my mother is Architect, etc. I need to be on the spot while it's being built (also: paying an asado for the workers every week, etc. = small things that make a difference). I guess I got it covered. Building my own house, according to my design is a wish I have since I'm 20, and something I seriously look into since 3/4 years.

- Where to stay during the construction: I need to be on the spot or close... But I have a limited budget (part of the challenge, I like that).
Option A= Either I buy a cheap (and quite shitty) house in Cordoba to stay 2 years (can be bought from around 300/400.000 pesos).
Option B= I could rent but tricky (Hellllooooo, I'm French, I don't have a guarantee, I have 5 dogs & a baby... Am I not the perfect candidate?! My French accent can do wonders, but no miracle, lol)
Option C= I buy a piece of land a bit bigger than initially forecasted (was planning 1/2.000 sq. meters initially), maybe half an hectare (5.000 sq. meters), and I build a first stage, while still living in the Buenos Aires area, which would consist in a relatively small/modest sized guest house, in which I would live in for 2 years + the underground part of my future & big house, which would consist in a garage/deposit/workshop area, and in which I would store the stuff (proper security system too).

I'm starting to buy too antique windows, doors, balconies... Will build my house according to the surrounding (the outside), but also according to the antique stuff like those I'll place inside, and which are cheaper than modern for the quality ! Yes, that's crazy, but beautifully crazy!

My motto about building my house: not that often, so let's have fun

I edited the post to include the words "sqaure meter" while you were making your post. As the cost of construction that was quoted was $7100 pesos per square meter, $710,000 pesos should be enough to build a house like this (with 100 meters of finished interior space).

I'm planning on much lower than that (it will be in some aspects, an autobuild project, although I won't contribute much physically), maybe 3000 pesos. In France right now, but it depends on several factors so the price is like a rollercoaster, it's around 1.200 Euros per square meters by a specialized constructor (for a basic/average quality house). For a nice house, also a "passive" house (energy management, etc. a thing to consider), it's rather 2000 euros I guess.

Frenchie I've been to both the northern towns in Cordoba province and more recently to the southern towns... much preferred the southern towns! But everything is relatively close (within 1-2 hours) by car and beautiful roads through the sierras. Good living over there, I really don't think you can go wrong (unless you move to Cordoba capital!)

Back