Anyone Knows The Villa General Belgrano Area? (Cordoba)

It is well known that after WW II, many nazis came to Argentina. Those with higher ranks moved to La Cumbrecita, and the others to Villa General Belgrano. Once in a while there are antisemitic comments in the local radio and newspapers.
Do you have any sources/links for the higher rank nazis that moved to la cumbrecita?

Since we're going Full Godwin, it should be noted that in accepting former Nazis, Argentina seems once again to have been merely mimicking its Large Northern Neighbour, who yesterday's NY Times reports sheltered over a thousand ex-SS officers and used them in its cold war fight against "the greater evil of communism".

I'm quite familiar with the area, as we own a small property in Los Reates (La Joyita area). The closest small town to that Country is Villa Cuidad Parque, followed by Los Reates. The closest supermarket, gas station and ATM would be VGB.

Valle Calmuchita is beautiful!!! Its much greener and more peaceful than the Punilla (Carlos Paz - La Cumbre) area. Lots of swimming holes, fishing spots and hiking, though the pine there is obviously not native to that area. It is a safe area, relatively free of country trash neighbors and quickly developing.

Perhaps the Countries in Valle Calamuchita have taken longer to sell because its a bit too far for a daily commute to Cordoba (about 2 hours). Most people who build in that area want to be able to rent out a cabin - a type of construction is not possible within the building codes of most Countries.

Please let me know if you have other questions about the area. I visit at least once a month.

Do you have any sources/links for the higher rank nazis that moved to la cumbrecita?

I think it is mostly hearsay. The family's with any kind of involvement avoid speaking of the topic. There are symbols and signs everywhere but with no one to interview nothing is published. I think everyone researching it hit's a brick wall.

Back