Anyone Live On England St?

I'm still holding out hope that for the sake of consistency the indigenous peoples of Argentina will rise up and commence renaming every town, plaza and street in the country, replacing the names, dates and language of their colonial invaders.

Does anyone remember when Estados Unidos was informally renamed Iraq back in 2003/4? Perhaps there are still some examples in existence.

Marvellous! Argentina is celebrating the dictatorship, Galtieri and Argentina's agression in 1982!

I guess insanity cannot be driven to greater heights - perhaps if Japan celebrated the Nanking Massacre and the attack on Pearl Harbor, Russia the war against Finland and the US arranged Hiroshima and Nagasaki carnivals?

Edit:
Another attempt to drive insanity to great heights: President Cristina Fernández de Kirchner announced that a Malvinas Museum is expected to be ready for its inauguration in June in the ex ESMA Navy Mechanics' School building. ESMA was the torture centre that was referred to as the "Auschwitz of Argentina". Agressive war combined with dictatorship and torture.

Marvellous! Argentina is celebrating the dictatorship, Galtieri and Argentina's agression in 1982!

I guess insanity cannot be driven to greater heights - perhaps if Japan celebrated the Nanking Massacre and the attack on Pearl Harbor, Russia the war against Finland and the US arranged Hiroshima and Nagasaki carnivals?

Edit:
Another attempt to drive insanity to great heights: President Cristina Fernández de Kirchner announced that a Malvinas Museum is expected to be ready for its inauguration in June in the ex ESMA Navy Mechanics' School building. ESMA was the torture centre that was referred to as the "Auschwitz of Argentina". Agressive war combined with dictatorship and torture.

Actually, a tour of the ESMA is very worthwhile, but once is enough.

Back