Anyone running the BA marathon next week?

Yes! Let's do it...what time would you like to go? I am free as a bird anytime...we could try Saturday and just hope that everything goes smoothly. I guess these requirements for foreigners are a new thing and many, many people have complained this year...according to one of the registration girls that was very nice and felt sorry for me. :) I really hope this goes ok - I have been so excited to finally run a marathon! And, a little off-subject but does anyone know where I can get some body glide? I have looked in several running stores and can't find any. My ipod arm band rubs the hell outta my arm and I don't want that race day! Gracias!

Katie - If the Expo is half decent you will be able to get some Body Glide there. As before, best of luck, wish I was doing it with you guys....

Now, who's up for a Training Group for the 2010 BA Marathon ?

Just so you guys know...I went ahead to the EXPO today (just in case I had problems, I decided that I would go early and go back every day until SOMEONE let me get my packet-ha!) and I had NO trouble at all. In fact, since the guy let me register at the store, I got the Argentine price, which was significantly cheaper, which made me happy. The EXPO is very well done (despite what I read about last year's) and the shirts are REAL running shirts, not the shitty, stiff cotton ones runners are usually given. Yay! But no body glide...still don't know what to do about that. Anyway, don't fret - it was super easy! :) Buena suerte to all runners!

Liam3494 said:
Just for the record - If you have an overseas address and enter a Marathon in the US, you pay more - In some cases A LOT more....

if you want to run NY and you are american, you have to be on a (long) waitinglist. Foreigners can go every year without waitinglist...
Does that mean that foreigners are more equal than Americans? :eek:

katti said:
if you want to run NY and you are american, you have to be on a (long) waitinglist. Foreigners can go every year without waitinglist...
Does that mean that foreigners are more equal than Americans? :eek:

Wrong = There is a lottery for "foreign" runners too - Unless you go through a recognised agent. For example.... A few years ago I looked up a travel agent selling trips to the NY Marathon - They guaranteed entry, as long as I took the flight deal they well selling, at twice the price, and a hotel package at 999 us dollars for three nights in Manhattan, a total deal of 1,999 for a three night trip to New York - No thanks.......

Back