Anyone use Telecentro?

ElQueso

Registered
And if so, what do you think of it for internet and TV service and in which barrio are you located?

Seems like shortly after Personal acquired Fibertel and the other company (what we had in our apartment last, can't remember the name!), the internet service seems to have drastically slipped off, at least in our neighborhood of Boedo. I write software for a living, maintain corporate websites running applications I've written, and I often have to service those servers and applications. I depend on the internet for my living.

We moved out to Boedo from Recoleta in 2015. The internet service was actually very good at the time. We've had little hiccoughs every now and then, but I've always been pleased overall.

Now, in the last couple of months, our streaming access for the TVs has been bad and the internet spends more time down than up. We've had a service tech out here 6 times in the last two months. Four times ago, they replaced the cable from the street and the modem. Every time since then a tech comes out and says it's not our problem, it's something in the street (which I told the tech that had the cable and modem replaced, but I get it). They supposedly put an order in to look at the infrastructure but every time we call back, the person we talk to doesn't see any such request or order in "the system". We have to keep having a tech come out so that they can give me extra gigas, so I can use my phone (the are my cell provider also) as a hotspot for access to the internet from my computer (which works surprisingly well!). They won't give me the extra gigas (I can use 3 gigs, which is my plan limit, in half a day or less) unless a tech comes out; plus I like to keep putting pressure on them.

This time, they said they charged me up (we have a tech coming Sunday!) but they didn't. I was stuck without internet and had an urgent client request.

So I got a monthly WiFi connection from Telecentro. 100 gigas a month for $1500 pesos. Easy to sign up and get connected. Good singla strength and good velocity for a broad-area WiFi. Now I'm thinking about moving my whole shebang from Personal to Telecentro. They have a couple of good plans, like 1gb velocity internet, plus TV and phone for like $6500.

I mean, this is one thing that is cheaper here than the US or other more expensive countries, for sure. That's about $18 USD/month. My father is paying something like $150/month in St Louis for a similar speed.

But I have to have someone come out and install everything, then get rid of Personal, all the overlapping payments required, other issues that always come up when changing things here...want to make sure it's worth it to consider, if anyone else has input.

In Caballito, close to Boedo, Telecentro is fantastic. I have no complaints for their internet and have also used their landline phone, Tphone, and Wifi de la Calle services with no problems. Tv i can't speak to because i just use an antenna to get the local channels. I first got them about 3 years ago, maybe a little longer, and have not once complained. I've called their customer service a few times and it's pretty quick, and that was mainly for telephone related issues like the default voicemail password not working, etc.

my gf had awful experiences with telecentro near Parque Chacabuco. kept having outages and microcuts in her internet. Personal has been flawless for me in Puerto Madero

Back