Anyone want some free food?

lpbuck09

Registered
Hi everyone,

I'm leaving BA on Thursday, and I have some food left over that I won't be able to use up. There will probably be some rice, pasta, lots of spices, different kinds of flour, cooking oils/vinegars/sauces, a few kinds of tea, some canned goods, etc. Ideally I'd like for someone to take the whole lot, but you can request a particular item if you don't want the rest. Most items are opened and about half full (except for the canned goods), but I promise that they're clean and in good condition. You can pick it up sometime tomorrow (Wednesday) in Palermo Soho if you're interested. Send me a PM or e-mail me at [email protected].

Thanks!
Lauren

In Coto and some other supermarkets they have designated "bins" where you can donate bags of food to charity. They're usually located by the entrance.

You could also put everything in a box and put it out on the street with a sign, figure out where some cartoneros hang out or where is your nearest villa, and unless you're eating all "exotic and spicy" foods it will be taken by someone who needs it (likely more than an expat with internet access).

Best of luck in your transition to wherever's next!

Off subject but..the chicken guy just gave me 2 packets of free giblets..says he cannot give them away even to the cartoneros who ask for and only want milanesas...

Thanks, everyone! Our time here has been amazing, and everyone on this forum has been really helpful. I was an expat with private internet access, and I gladly accepted some free staples from friends who were leaving town. I figured there might be other people who wouldn't mind saving a few pesos, too. Thanks for the tips, though! I'll definitely be leaving some bags of clothes on the street for anyone who chooses to take them.

Id love to! Thank you very much, if nobody else has spoken for it, I'll take the lot. PM me your address and I'll be by tomorrow to pick it up. Again, thank you.

I've received five requests so far, so I think the food is spoken for. I will let you know if there is anything left over. Thanks!

I think this is what community is all about - love it :)

hey, we are collecting everything we can for a couple whos house got broker in, pls get in touch with edgar :

On Jun 28, 2011, at 0:14, "Edgar" <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi All,

I hope everyone is keeping warm.

The house of friend's of mine was broken into yesterday during the River game and I thought I'd reach out to see if anyone has anything to spare. It's a couple in their thirties with a 7 month year old little girl. They lost pretty much everything. If you or anyone you know is giving away old clothes or just about anything, please let me know. I'm going to try to round up as much I can to give to them by the weekend.

Thank you!

Edgar

Back