Apartment needed one person

Caribbean Cool

Registered
I need a place starting Sept 1. Just me....no smoking, bright, clean, washing machine, internet, probably for 3 months or so, love Recoleta, $500-$600---with photos, please. After that a 3 bedroom apartment for 2 adults and a 2 year old.....permanent.

My 200 peso suggestion. Just spoke with a real estate agent next door . He mentioned he has No studios or 1 bed to offer for rent in Recoleta or elsewhere. Seriously Doubt that offers will come To You in the current market. Your best bet is to make offers to Airbnb Owners, $600 -$700 will certainly get their attention to close a 3 month contract.

My 200 peso suggestion. Just spoke with a real estate agent next door . He mentioned he has No studios or 1 bed to offer for rent in Recoleta or elsewhere. Seriously Doubt that offers will come To You in the current market. Your best bet is to make offers to Airbnb Owners, $600 -$700 will certainly get their attention to close a 3 month contract.
Thank you for your thoughts and info......stinky market

I need a place starting Sept 1. Just me....no smoking, bright, clean, washing machine, internet, probably for 3 months or so, love Recoleta, $500-$600---with photos, please. After that a 3 bedroom apartment for 2 adults and a 2 year old.....permanent.

Thank you for your thoughts and info......stinky market
Alternativa Propiedades are offering one-room apartments for short term rental (mostly aimed at students, I think) mostly from what I can see in the Palermo and Recoleta areas.

Yeah I agree with RichOne. The rental market is VERY tight. I seriously doubt you will be able to find anything decent for that price range. We are coming up on high season as well when a LOT of tourists come. Then prices will go even higher. Recoleta is a really upscale area and most places are busy with tourism for then.

Your best bet is to rent on Airbnb as you're protected against bait and switch or dumpy apartments. But that's a really low budget for Airbnb. Mostly at that price range you will find just rent a room in someone's house for that price.

Also remember that many people in the next few months are coming off of the mandatory 3 year lease terms. Those people will NOT be renewing their leases. They will probably try their luck with Airbnb as well but no one is going to renew these leases on long term leases.

So that might be able to help add an influx to the short term rental market.

One of my in-laws from Colombia is here studying in medical school and she did a long term lease for a crappy apartment. The cheapest she could find was about $475/month US on a year lease. But it's a total dump in Villa Crespo from an owner that specializes to renting out to students.

Last edited:
Again thank you all. I have stayed in Recoleta.....three times. All three times in Airbnbs. I have now stayed in Airbnbs 20 times throughout Latin America and a poke at Manila also.

Again thank you all. I have stayed in Recoleta.....three times. All three times in Airbnbs. I have now stayed in Airbnbs 20 times throughout Latin America and a poke at Manila also.
Yes, Airbnb really has become THE place to rent both as a property owner as well as a rental guest. I use them all the time traveling around the world. The real key for me has been limiting to renting with SuperHosts only and I've never had any problems.

Caribbean Cool, are you seeing anything at all even close to your price range on Airbnb? If not, what is the price range you are seeing?

There seems to be strong demand. I just converted an apartment that I owned where a relative was living rent free for 10+ years and just put it on Airbnb. A 1 bedroom apartment in Recoleta and I immediately rented it out within a day of listing it on Airbnb. Then got a longer term 2 month booking for around $1,700 US per month which needless to say I'm thrilled with! My friend also has a 1 bedroom unit in the same building and he is also getting around the same amount. He rented his out for 4 months at around $1,750 US per month.

Back