Applying for the new DNI

sivan

Registered
Sorry if its already been covered - if it has feel free to just copy paste the link and i will be very grateful!
I am going to apply for the new DNI card tomorrow and im not sure what i need to take.
I have been a permanent resident here since 2006 so i already have the OLD red book DNI, I just prefer to get the "cool" new credit card type one that will fit better in my wallet.
Anyone been through the process?

I recently got my new DNI. It's great not having to carry around that booklet anymore. Go to your appointment with the old DNI, they take a new picture, charge $50 pesos and you're on your way. They say 60 days maximum to be mailed to you, but mine took about 90 days. Believe it or not, you will receive a text message to your cell phone from the ministry of the interior letting you know it's been mailed to you! And if you are not home to receive it, they will return it to where you applied for it and then you receive another text message letting you know it can be picked up. It's actually efficient and works! One great leap forward for bureaucracy Argentino!

Thanks so much! Its hard to believe that its so easy and i dont need to take a huge folder filled with original paperwork plus 10 photocopies of everything!!! Will wonders never cease! :D

Anyone applied for a new DNI, after getting citizenship?

How long does that take?

Ceviche said:
Anyone applied for a new DNI, after getting citizenship?

How long does that take?

The DNI for citizens takes around 2 weeks to process.

sivan said:
Sorry if its already been covered - if it has feel free to just copy paste the link and i will be very grateful!
I am going to apply for the new DNI card tomorrow and im not sure what i need to take.
I have been a permanent resident here since 2006 so i already have the OLD red book DNI, I just prefer to get the "cool" new credit card type one that will fit better in my wallet.
Anyone been through the process?

The process is straight forward like others have explained. But the amount of time in which you get the DNI differs from case to case. I applied on the 26th of June and I still haven't recieved mine.

Just wondering if anyone that is a permanent resident and has the "old" DNI booklet has applied for the "new" DNI card outside of the Capital Federal, like in Pilar, for instance. I checked it out a while back in it seemed like the process was different for people who had their residence (home) outside of the Capital. I never followed up,but want to now so I don't have to carry the booklet all the time. Thanks in advance if anyone has any advice.

do you need to carry original DNI all the time?

wont a notarized copy suffice?

Back