Reapplying for a DNI...

moonwitch2

Registered
Apologies, but I couldn’t-t find the DNI thread. Is it possible for us to create a separate sub forum, or stick the thread to the top of Expat life?

So I have come to the end of my first DNI and my employer isn’t able to help me apply for a new DNI. Has anybody applied for a DNI for the second time? What do I need? I’m assuming that I need my DNI, a completed form of some sort (what one?) and another work contract.

Any help would be great!

moonwitch2 said:
Apologies, but I couldn’t-t find the DNI thread. Is it possible for us to create a separate sub forum, or stick the thread to the top of Expat life?

So I have come to the end of my first DNI and my employer isn’t able to help me apply for a new DNI. Has anybody applied for a DNI for the second time? What do I need? I’m assuming that I need my DNI, a completed form of some sort (what one?) and another work contract.

Any help would be great!

I think you need to renew your work visa (residencia temporaria) with migraciones.

Your DNI may have an expiration date, but it is based on your resident status.

Yes, you need to provide migraciones with a continuing/new work contract.

steveinbsas said:
I think you need to renew your work visa (residencia temporaria) with migraciones.

Your DNI may have an expiration date, but it is based on your resident status.

Yes, you need to provide migraciones with a continuing/new work contract.

They ask for a letter of your employer certifying that you still works there. Your employer need to renewal his DNM approval for hiring foreigners.
I suggest you apply for citizenship while you already have precaria because, if you get fired, you will be close to get your citizen and it will be less problems to get a new job "en blanco".
Having legal residency and a legal work, if you have the 2 years already, then you can apply without a lawyer and the procedure is for free.
Otherwise your employer is going to have too much power over you.
Regards

Back