Arba

atwok

Registered
i got a bill in the post from 'Arba' which says Impuesto Inmobiliario. it has my address but has someone else's name. i have owned and lived in my apartment for 5 years and have never seen this before. is this some kind of new tax? can i ignore it given that they have put the wrong name on it?

ARBA is the collection agency for impuestos in the Province of Buenos Aires.

Here is their website: http://www.arba.gov.ar/

If your apartment is in the city of Buenos Aires and you pay ABL this is just a "clerical error" and nothing for you to worry or do anything about. The invoice can be sent to any name and/or address. The important details are the numbers which apply to the property in the "Information de su Inmueble section." If you are in the Provincia Buenos Aires look at your escritura and see if the numbers match.

I have one of these that comes to my apartment a few times a year, addressed to a prior owner who apparently also had property in the provincia, and who, according to neighbors, died 15 years ago.

I have called ARBA. I've sent them emails. I have told the guy from the Correo to return it marked undeliverable. But they continue.

So I throw them away upon delivery.

If you have no property outside the Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires, you have no debts to ARBA.

Back