Garbarino Experience

rickulivi

Registered
Hi

Just a short note to recognize Garbarino to you. We needed to buy several large appliances for an apartment we are remodeling; a refrigerator, washer/dryer, dishwasher, oven, stove and two tvs. The salesperson got us a bit confused but we ended up buying all plus the warranties for all the mechanical things, but she included--without our knowledge--the warranties for two TVs.

That night, in the quite of the hotel room, I reviewed the bills carefully and found the two TV warranties for a total of $5,260 pesos. The next morning I returned to Garbarino, spoke to the manager and salesperson, and explained that we never ordered the TV warranties. To my total surprise, we got a full refund in cash. WOW.

They were happy to return the money and apologized for the misunderstanding. I was so pleased with their reaction that I thought I would share this with you all.

That's definitely good to hear. I had a washing machine episode that I purchased from them with an extended warranty. As luck would have it the washing machine broke down just a 2 months before the extended warranty ran out. They fixed it but gave me a very hard time when the repaired washer broke down again within 60 days of the repair. They tried to say it was out of warranty but I reminded them the the warranty repair had it's own guarantee the superceeded the orignal one. I had to go to the store and start yelling and embarrasing them (and me) to get them to understand and / or accept my argument. They repaired it again, and it broke down again within 30 days of the 2nd repair. I went back once again to the store (in the Abasto Mall) to tell them once again that this is unacceptable and they didn't give me a problem that time since they knew that I was not going to back down, plus I blasted them all over facebook. They fixed it this time by taking it from my apartment to a shop instead of the useless in-home repairs and brought it back within 3 days fixed, cleaned up and it's worked ever since (2 years ago). I haven't bought appliances in a while but I don't know if I would trust Garbarino again, but then again do we really have that many choices here? I was looking around for a new fridge a few months ago with a neighbor and we went to the huge COTO behind the Abasto Mall. I was really surprised at the huge selection of appliances they had there. More then I've ever seen at any other store even more than stores that just sell appliances. With the credit card discounts a during different days of the week, the prices are better then elsewhere as well.

When we bought our Palermo apartment in 2002, we purchased all our appliances at Garbarino and, since it was the depths of the depression and the place was dead, the salesman couldn't believe his good luck in getting all the commissions. The next day, we returned for a minor item, and all the salesmen sprinted toward us in hopes we'd load up again.

Back