Architecture

As brutalism goes its not a bad one.
1228228878_4e80ce8d45_z.jpg

Is another good example of Brutalism in Argentina.

There's a toilet museum in there!

Are you kidding?!?!!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
that building, if Im not wrong is the bank of London. Not only is an emblematic building of BsAs architecture, but is also a well known building, I think from Clorindo Testa too, that has been recognised widely and won lots of prizes because of its incredible architecture. Its a classic and It has a lot of things of Le Corbusier,!!!
its like complaining about the Flat Iron in Ny or the Pompidou in Paris!!!

You guys have to open up your mind and learn of modern architecture!!!

that building, if Im not wrong is the bank of London. Not only is an emblematic building of BsAs architecture, but is also a well known building, I think from Clorindo Testa too, that has been recognised widely and won lots of prizes because of its incredible architecture. Its a classic and It has a lot of things of Le Corbusier,!!!

Yes, it's Testa's Banco de Londres y America del Sur, now the casa central of the banco hipotecario. Incredible brutalist building, same architect as the Biblioteca Nacional. I wouldn't get too riled up; these threads are mostly just full of philistines complaining.

Just because its won awards from pretentious architects doesn't mean its good.

Its hardly one the same level as the Flat Iron or the Pompidou.

You might want to look at other examples of modern architecture too:

Canary+Wharf+Crossrail.jpg

gherkin.jpg

Yes, it's Testa's Banco de Londres y America del Sur, now the casa central of the banco hipotecario. Incredible brutalist building, same architect as the Biblioteca Nacional. I wouldn't get too riled up; these threads are mostly just full of philistines complaining.

The bank is a very good looking building, the national library on the other hand is an eyesore.

Speaking of modern architecture, anybody else a fan of the Fortabat Collection building?

I'm not criticising it, the style is called brutalism and it is a classic example of it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brutalist_architecture

some more examples around the world here.
http://fuckyeahbrutalism.tumblr.com/

Speaking of modern architecture, anybody else a fan of the Fortabat Collection building?

I didnt go there but its look interesting!

did you know le corbusier built a house in La Plata? la casa curuchet!!

(btw Im sorry I quoted wrong my post before, I wanted to talk to the guys didnt like the Biblioteca Nacional, and I understood ejcot didnt like it as well. Sorry.)

Anyone know who designed this one, I think its the Uruguay embassy on Las Heras

1606115w300.jpg

Buildings that I love in Buenos Aires:

The “Cementerio de la Chacarita” that, as far as I know, was designed by members of the “Grupo Austral”.

The “Hospital Naval”, I think it is a masterpiece, also people told me it is not working very well.

The “Edificio Los Eucaliptos” en Virrey del Pino. It sad to see it in really bad condition, I think it is a great example of modern architecture.

The two apartment buildings from Clorindo Testa , one in Rodriguez Pena and the other in Castex.I would really like to see how they are from the inside.

Somebody posted a picture of the Barbican, that is really beautiful, isn´t it : )

Back