Architecture

Hospital Naval!!! I tried to enter to the building several times but couldnt since I didnt know someone who was in there, and they wont let you in. It is also from Clorindo Testa.

I totally love that building!!

I have a soft spot for brutalism, especially neo-brutalism, especially something like the Bocconi University in Italy:
http://www.graftonarchitects.ie/work/projects/project.php?resource_id=225
I also like brutalist buildings that seem incongruously planted like the National Library surrounded by architecture that it doesn't fit in. It's kind of mischievous in retrospect. So I like the National Library. Someone here posted pictures of the Barbican Centre in London, which is one of the finest pieces of brutalism in the English-speaking world and now a listed building. It actually grows on you after a while.

Testa? ... this legoland mess is what his studio had in mind for the restauration of Los Molinos in Puerto Madero.

molinofaena3.jpg

source.

Ugh! .. no thank you. I'm glad someone else got that project.

Speaking of modern architecture, anybody else a fan of the Fortabat Collection building?

I like that building too. It's by Rafael Viñoly. The outside mechanical blinds are cool, but they rarely use them. Only seen them move few months before they opened. But I guess there was an issue controlling light and temps inside or something of that sort, so they keep them closed.

I want to thank everyone that offerred me advice.
We read all of the suggestions and yesterday we looked for and found some very nice architecture.
I think the problem is that all the hype about it caused me to have unrealistic expectations. It seems, as many of you have said, that there are beautiful buildings but they are often isolated and sometimes quite neglected.
Its unfortunate that BsAs didnt create historic districts with good preservation policies as many other cities have done.
Stil, I was happy to see examples of what BsAs looked like in its heyday.

Back