Are Argentina Girls Really That Bad?

Argentine women are very passionate, in love and anger. They have a very low tolerance for bullshit.

Truth is that seeing your shrink every week or to take antidepressiva or lithium to keep the emotions under control is considered normal in capital federal. That applies to men as much as to women and outside the capital, people tend to be more relaxed.

There are less restraints on emotions, which has both good and bad effects. Some Argentinians are able to manage their emotions and they can be very interesting personalities, but at the same time some Argentinians are not able to manage their emotions and you have all kind of personality disorders. Differences in personality are more explicit in Buenos Aires than elsewhere. You have to be selective and hang out with the personalities you like and then Buenos Aires is a great city. If you get stuck with the people with mental problems, not so much.

Is true that BsAs has more therapists than any city in the world?

If so, that would seem to indicate more unhappy people seeking help. Yet my impression is that posts on this forum usually praise BsAs as a great place to live, great energy, great things to do, etc. Never mention being surrounded by the many depressed, dysfunctional people that are supporting all those therapists.

Is true that BsAs has more therapists than any city in the world?

If so, that would seem to indicate more unhappy people seeking help. Yet my impression is that posts on this forum usually praise BsAs as a great place to live, great energy, great things to do, etc. Never mention being surrounded by the many depressed, dysfunctional people that are supporting all those therapists.

I don´t think they are more depressed rather more optimistic that therapy can solve issues from weight loss, being happier or finding the right husband. I´ve had so many conversations with friends and employees about the subject and they generally see therapy as fundamental a part of their monthly budget as food shopping..maybe higher than food on the list actually. It´s a different perspective and I quite admire it but part of me secretly also thinks all the therapists are on to a right old scam having clients attend sessions for literally decades sometimes even without a stated "goal". It´s classic dependency creation.

In Argentina's culture, it used to be considered even "fashionable" and sophisticated to attend weekly psychoanalysis sessions. In this culture it is viewed as something normal. Meanwhile, while living in the USA I've met many people who desperately needed therapy to carry on with their lives, and they did not want to seek help and were too afraid to be pointed at by others carrying this "stigma" of a psychotherapy patient. They knew it was necessary; however, they were afraid of other people finding out (i e: employer, Government, colleagues, etc.).

In Argentina's culture, it used to be considered even "fashionable" and sophisticated to attend weekly psychoanalysis sessions. In this culture it is viewed as something normal. Meanwhile, while living in the USA I've met many people who desperately needed therapy to carry on with their lives, and they did not want to seek help and were too afraid to be pointed at by others carrying this "stigma" of a psychotherapy patient. They knew it was necessary; however, they were afraid of other people finding out (i e: employer, Government, colleagues, etc.).
not to mention the costs...this is totally unrelated to the original topic, but the fact that few people in the US get psychological help might help mass shootings proliferate. I have read of several cases where it was proven that the shooter had psychiatric issues and was not under treatment.

Back