Are Drug Cartels A Serious Danger In Ba?

The US imposed and exported the idea (and the problem itself, by the US embassies in each country, for example training military the mexican narcos, exporting colombian narcos to the continent, etc) that the narco problem belongs basically to Latin America, -that is assinging a particular problem to the region, like insecurity- while they are the main destination and the number one consumer world wide (60% of the drug in the world goes to the US).

Of course there are not big narco maffias in the US, nor problems of any kind, nor growing problem. The image of dangerous narcos, of people making big money through drugs, is only a patrimony of the latins, and on the other hand you have the tidy sane honest americans that are victims of these narco people.

Matías strikes again. Asia, for instance, is totally drug-free because there are no raw materials, and no market for them anywhere else in the world.

There is no doubt that the reason much of the drug trade exists is because of the demand for drugs in the US. The "War on Drugs" is absolutely a joke and completely ineffective. Mexico is next door and the US does little to help them in any way. As an American a lot of the US foreign policy embarasses me. However, I don't buy the whole "big bad US" supporting cartels behind the scenes conspiracy. I think sometimes people give the US too much credit in their ability to mischievously run the world behind the scenes.

Matías strikes again. Asia, for instance, is totally drug-free because there are no raw materials, and no market for them anywhere else in the world.

Yup no heroin problem in Russia and Europe with absolutely no opium poppies being grown in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

Here's an interesting article on how bunch of addicts in Glasgow got infected with Anthrax through contaminated heroin.

http://www.wired.co....glasgow/viewall

There is no doubt that the reason much of the drug trade exists is because of the demand for drugs in the US. The "War on Drugs" is absolutely a joke and completely ineffective. Mexico is next door and the US does little to help them in any way. As an American a lot of the US foreign policy embarasses me. However, I don't buy the whole "big bad US" supporting cartels behind the scenes conspiracy. I think sometimes people give the US too much credit in their ability to mischievously run the world behind the scenes.

But look how successfully the US has maneuvered Syria to its satisfaction!

Back