Are people watching this - could become serious

She ran off to do her Malvinas smoke & mirrors show but made one grave mistake...she left loud mouth Bouludou - a conman - in charge of the country....he opened his mouth & started a fight with Moyano...now she's had to cut her trip short & run back to an emergency.

Ooohps!....looks like she's just threatened Moyano with Jail time...looks like the Botox hag is loosing it fast.

You can't lie about the inflation rate for ever.

notebook.fix said:
She ran off to do her Malvinas smoke & mirrors show but made one grave mistake...she left loud mouth Bouludou - a conman - in charge of the country....he opened his mouth & started a fight with Moyano...now she's had to cut her trip short & run back to an emergency.

Ooohps!....looks like she's just threatened Moyano with Jail time...looks like the Botox hag is loosing it fast.

You can't lie about the inflation rate for ever.

Lol. Putting him in jail would probably make things go WAY out of control. Let's hope she has a hemorrhage and her botox bleeds out of her brain so she can think straight for a second!

Hmm, the union's now fined $4 million pesos.

So lemme get this straight.

The truckers are on strike (whether right or wrong) because they want a 30% raise in their wages and a reduction or elimination of extra taxes.

The government responds by fining them and hence taking away more of their money? Man, where did these clowns study politics?

By the way, to the OP, the situation has already gotten pretty darn serious I think. We have a freakin' mob war going on right now. (The Argentine) Sicily is burning it seems!

She's rattled now.
Nobody wants conflict, I'm sure of that, but adding fuel to the fire as this inept govt is doing, will sadly make things worse.
A massive fine and potential 'criminal charges' (denuncia penal) against the leaders of possibly the most powerful union in this country are simply the actions of a vindictive ex lover as it's now getting personal.
Hell hath no fury..................................etc

Davidglen77 said:
Is everybody following this unfortunate strike of truck drivers and the intervention of the national guard? I really hope that this doesn't boil over.......these types of incidents can trigger a major bruhaha that can last for a long long time and affect us all very adversely. I understand what the truck drivers are saying, they and all other workers have to pay "impuesto a las ganancias" if their salary is over $7000, which is an additional 18% taken out. The over taxing here has got to come to a halt, it's really too much and people are really angry about it. Combine all of the taxes with the ever rising prices and you are leaving the people with almost empty pockets every month.

Sorry, I am not familiar with Argentine worker tax rates and am still trying to understand the OP.

You are saying that they have to pay 18% income tax if their salary is over 7000 pesos. This is in addition to what ? is this on all earnings or just those over 7000 pesos ? Im just trying to decide of these tax rates seem fair, but the lack of detail makes this difficult.

First off, I do not have all the details. But my first thoughts is it is just not sustainable that there is a 30% increase every year. No doubt, this is a catch 22, caused by the inflation, cost of doing business, and increased taxes.... but how much is necessary to sustain a decent living and how much is greed. Not that I blame them for wanting as much as possible now, as I think mid to long term thinking is not in their psych given their economic history....

Dipoots said:
First off, I do not have all the details. But my first thoughts is it is just not sustainable that there is a 30% increase every year. No doubt, this is a catch 22, caused by the inflation, cost of doing business, and increased taxes.... but how much is necessary to sustain a decent living and how much is greed. Not that I blame them for wanting as much as possible now, as I think mid to long term thinking is not in their psych given their economic history....

You're absolutely right. Its not sustainable. But then that's the story of this economy.

Inflation is out of control. People want to be able to keep up with the inflation. Businesses, even if they wated to, couldn't keep up with the inflation because of higher taxes and inflation (higher prices). The government keeps on increasing taxes to be able to pay for their "*insert whatever* para todos" type of programs which again drives up prices, resulting in higher inflation. And they also create fake government jobs (a la Greece) to make their numbers look good and to also get more votes. Government "investment" seldom results in profits because of corruption through the roof and one of the laziest workforces around.

Unionists go on strike demanding higher wages because of high inflation. When they don't work, businesses lose. Driving up cost and potential losses. They try to recover those losses by driving up prices resulting in higher inflation.

When inflation hits, it hits both businesses and consumers. When consumers are forced to pay more at check out counters, consumers demand higher wages to be able to live through the inflation. Businesses are forced to pay higher wages alongwith higher taxes, and this then results in inflation since that cost has to go somewhere...

My head's spinning!

A big part of the problem here is productivity per worker also. Its similar to europe, where you have germany with very high productivity per worker, and greece/italy/spain with low productivity per worker, but wanting the same living standard/wage as their more productive northern neighbour.. Just look at the ques at supermarkets/banks etc here !!!

I ran today to a supermarket, grocery shopping.Man!!!! it looks like Christmas time. People are sweeping everything off the shelves. Not sure if you will find a liter of milk tomorrow...
This is what WE have deal with, then misses decides to unfriend her BFF

Moyano's smiling...he just got a 25% pay increase from the industry bosses....now it's Kretina's turn to kneel...will she raise 'el minimo imponible' ?

Will the president who portrays the characteristics of a dictator suddenly capitulate?
Stay tuned for more drama :) ...pass on the pop corn.

UPDATE: Confirming..Looks like Kretina & crew have just managed to arm twist poor old industry into saving the K government from serious political embarrassment.
http://www.buenosairesherald.com/ar...oyers-reach-255-wage-hike-deal-with-teamsters

Industry, once again, gets held to ransom while the K SnaKe slithers away, narrowly avoiding the truck tires.

Back