Are The Price Increases Affecting You?

$500 a month !? Better to rent than to spend $100+K on purchase or to build one!
Joe,any vacancy?Wanting to be your neighbor ! When can I come over to check it over?
I was quite surprised when I came across this. It isn't even owner direct. I found it on a website of a company I frequently use. Maybe it was a typo and I was sure there must be a catch - like construction going on next door or a crazy neighbor - but so far so good.

Unfortunately HA this was a rare catch. This place should be priced around $750.

I'm still looking for a long term place though because I want a full kitchen and a washing machine... This place has a tiny kitchen with a tiny frig, tiny sink, etc...

I was quite surprised when I came across this. It isn't even owner direct. I found it on a website of a company I frequently use. Maybe it was a typo and I was sure there must be a catch - like construction going on next door or a crazy neighbor - but so far so good.

Unfortunately HA this was a rare catch. This place should be priced around $750.
Or perhaps not.

A few days ago, Iprofesional brought an article about receding rents in BsAs:

"La renta, por el piso: el negocio de alquilar propiedades cae a su nivel más bajo en toda la década"
http://www.iprofesio...-la-deacutecada

398902.jpg

398919.jpg

I was in Bahia Blanca this afternoon. I don't usually go two weeks in a row, but I wanted to see if Walmart was offering any 42" flat screen TVs at unadvertised "closeout" prices before buying one on line. Last week they had a fair inventory of 42" RCA LED TVs at a 15% discount next to a "mountain" of 32" models at 25% discounts. RCA isn't a brand I would buy but others apparently did. All of the 42" models were gone and the discount on the 32" models had been increased to 30%. There was nothing that compared favorably with the 40" Samsung offered by Fravega on line.

I bought a few items I was running low on and went to the large hardware store at the other end of the shopping center to check the prices of fire extinguishers. On Friday I dropped off the one I keep in the trunk of my car to be recharged at a shop in Punta Alta. I asked about the replacement cost of the fire extinguisher and was told $270 pesos. While I was there I bought a 4 kilo LP gas tank (aka garrafa) to use with a gas lamp (during power outages) for $470 pesos.

The price for the same (1 kilo) fire extinguisher at the hardware store was $220 pesos, but the price for a 4 kilo garrafa was almost $600 pesos.

As the saying goes, "It pays" to shop" but bigger doesn't always mean cheaper, and neither does smaller.

$500 a month !? Better to rent than to spend $100+K on purchase or to build one!
Joe,any vacancy?Wanting to be your neighbor ! When can I come over to check it over?
This is $500 for a short term furnished apartment. If you rent a long term, unfurnished you can get something bigger and cheaper.

Inflation? What better period to increase prices than during holidays (the classical month of January), or during a major event that will focus the attention.

We'll know in 5/6 weeks with the WC (I'll fill my car tank before the start)

Back