Are there Cuevas that allow me to exchange USDC stable coins for pesos?

Fiscal

Registered
So I can avoid the long lines and fees at Western Union?

So would this be the cheapest way to transfer money, since there is no western union fee? What about the cost of converting to USDC? Also, if you can do this then why bring the $10K or whatever minimum cash to the country through the airport?

western union fee (card payment/cash pickup) for euro region is 1.90 Eur. Dont know why US fee is 10-14.50 USD.
who knows how much longer western union rate will be higher than the blue....(after the elections??)
* you can use binance p2p and exchange your stable coins for a deposit of pesos to digital banks, there are some offers of cash pickups.
* cuevas can charge between 0.5-2.0% to change stable coins to USD notes, depending on amounts. then to convert USD notes to pesos they will give you the dolar blue buy/compra rate.

Tried to use binance even with an Arg ID but they shit canned my account because I'm a US citizen. This is their choice I suppose so I'm not mad about that. They then refused to delete my information from their servers. This is what I'm upset about.

Binance is shady.

Last edited:
Tried to use binance even with an Arg ID but they shit canned my account because I'm a US citizen. This is their choice I suppose so I'm not mad about that. They then refused to delete my information from their servers. This is what I'm upset about.

Binance is shady.

Was this more recently, because they were under pressure from various regulatory bodies? Not sure if this helps you, but I believe Gemini has services for Argentina.

Was about a month ago. I had opened an account as a US citizen 2 years ago where I gave my us passport. They said they dont trade with us citizens. Last month I tried to open another account( I forgot I even had an account there) but with my arg dni. I got through the whole thing and they detected my previous account during the facial recognition part. OK, so log back into my old account after I look it up in my old emails.

They say I can't trade as a US citizen even if I have another residency. I dont have a problem with this and I ask them to delete all my critical information from their servers and close my accounts. They say no. So basically all my vital info is sitting on their site while I cant even use the service.

After this I look into this online and find many more people in the same boat

Was about a month ago. I had opened an account as a US citizen 2 years ago where I gave my us passport. They said they dont trade with us citizens. Last month I tried to open another account( I forgot I even had an account there) but with my arg dni. I got through the whole thing and they detected my previous account during the facial recognition part. OK, so log back into my old account after I look it up in my old emails.

They say I can't trade as a US citizen even if I have another residency. I dont have a problem with this and I ask them to delete all my critical information from their servers and close my accounts. They say no. So basically all my vital info is sitting on their site while I cant even use the service.

After this I look into this online and find many more people in the same boat

Wasn’t there a Binance US version for a while? Here’s their website which is still up: https://www.binance.us/en/home. I believe that one though wasn’t allowed in some states such as Texas, but I think some US Citizens were able to use that version of Binance. However, as mentioned, more recently there’s been some regulatory pressure on them from various countries or states, including from the US if I recall, so not sure exactly what happened in your situation. I like your idea of wanting to delete your account and personal info from their system, because companies will get hacked from time to time and you don’t wan’t that information out there. Not sure why they refused to do that.

Wasn’t there a Binance US version for a while? Here’s their website which is still up: https://www.binance.us/en/home. I believe that one though wasn’t allowed in some states such as Texas, but I think some US Citizens were able to use that version of Binance. However, as mentioned, more recently there’s been some regulatory pressure on them from various countries or states, including from the US if I recall, so not sure exactly what happened in your situation. I like your idea of wanting to delete your account and personal info from their system, because companies will get hacked from time to time and you don’t wan’t that information out there. Not sure why they refused to do that.

why not just use Coinbase or another US exchange?

why not just use Coinbase or another US exchange?

Yes, good question. I’m not sure. Binance I think is one of the more popular ones and might have more options and features, but there are other US exchanges too.

Back