Are We Out Of Nutella?

I could care less about germs or bacteria.

Nutella is mostly hydrogenated palm oil with a little chocolate/hazelnut flavoring. I love the stuff, but the idea of eating whipped vegetable oil ruined the experience.

If it were changed for whipped Coconut Oil, would that change your view?

PS- This past week in Carrefour, I was looking for NUTELLA when I saw that they only had the "Cremosa/o" of "DAME MANÍ" and I couldn't find any either.

I could care less about germs or bacteria.

Nutella is mostly hydrogenated palm oil with a little chocolate/hazelnut flavoring. I love the stuff, but the idea of eating whipped vegetable oil ruined the experience.

Palm Oil? and no hazelnuts?

This thread is proof that the BAExapts will discuss anything! :)

Here is all you ever wanted to know about Nutella, including a nice recipe for a homemade version at the end:

http://www.washingto...d637_story.html

Fact 1: I was a Nutella promoter when I was a freshman. Longest two days of my life standing in front of trays pastries made with Nutella (one was made of McVities' + Nutella). Saw supermarket's employees sneaking out with my pastry trays!

Fact 2: One of the first recipes I tried in Argentina was Nutella, but I almost ended up burning my blender. The result was terrible, nothing compared to Nutella.

Fact 3: I personally know one of the two creators of the World Nutella Day. And she is American!

Fact 4: Ferrero fought the World Nutella Day, but ended up being heavily criticized by their fans.

Fact 5: there is only one thing better than Nutella, and it is Nutella mixed with mascarpone. Into and onto a chocolate cake. Recipe

Fact 6: There are healthier alternatives to Nutella in Italy, among which is the Crema Novi (45% of hazelnuts). But they are not exported abroad, afaik.
nutella.jpg

NUTELLA: zucchero, oli vegetali, nocciole (13%), cacao magro, latte scremato in polvere (5%), lattosio, siero del latte in polvere, emulsionante: lecitina di soia, aromi- kcal: 533 Carboidrati: 57 Proteine: 6.5 Grassi: 31
novi.jpg

CREMA NOVI: nocciole (45%), zucchero, cacao magro (9%), latte scremato in polvere (5%), burro di cacao, emulsionante lecitina, aromi - kcal: 538 Carboidrati: 42.7 Proteine: 11.7 Grassi: 35.6

Serafina if you post a photo of you as a Nutella promoter, I will gladly resume consumption.

It's not that I don't love Nutella like an addict loves their drug of choice. It's just that I used to think it was made from hazelnuts, chocolate, and unicorn tears. Palm oil is not the food of the Gods. It's unholy.

Oh what the hell, I'll go buy a jar tomorrow.

Hydrogenated palm oil is toxic: http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2013/07/25/205486197/palm-oil-in-the-food-supply-what-you-should-know

Serafina if you post a photo of you as a Nutella promoter, I will gladly resume consumption.

It's not that I don't love Nutella like an addict loves their drug of choice. It's just that I used to think it was made from hazelnuts, chocolate, and unicorn tears. Palm oil is not the food of the Gods. It's unholy.

Oh what the hell, I'll go buy a jar tomorrow.

No pics to save the moment. It was many years ago.... 10 or 11, and about the same kilos ago.

If you are lucky enough to find it, buy one for me!

Anyway this thread has gone down a bad path, yet another one!

So I'm waiting on the part of nutella applied to genitals.....or did I read it wrong?? :p

Are you telling me that in the US you fantasize on the use of peanut butter during intercourse?!
Talking about localization!

Back