Are we still required to do 2 weeks of quarantine upon re-entry to Argentina?

I believe the answer is yes it's still required. Argentina is not capable of adjusting laws to make sense by allowing negative PCR after arrival to avoid quarantine. There is more corona now in Argentina than most other countries so the whole thing doesn't really make any sense when you are more likely to get it in Argentina.

As said above you are coming to a country that is now worse than Peru in terms of COVID and only getting worse by the day. Yet YOU the traveler are the problem, of course. If that is not the typically Argentine welcome you expected I don’t know what is...

As said above you are coming to a country that is now worse than Peru in terms of COVID and only getting worse by the day. Yet YOU the traveler are the problem, of course. If that is not the typically Argentine welcome you expected I don’t know what is...

Ah, but he might be carrying the dreaded yanqui virus!
"Welcome to Argentina! Please place your dollars in the receptacle provided, get back on the plane, and return to Yanquilandia. Have a nice day!"

You're right, antipodean, it doesn't make sense.

Yesterday 14 K plus new infections? .... where is the Peak ? will there be one ? Now that people are out, Gyms open, movie houses will operate, so doubt a peak is near..! the Provinces reaching saturation..! SOS.

An Epidemics expert said yesterday .."when we reach zero new infections"? , will have death cases for months...! (backwards reporting)

Even if we test negative before boarding the flight?

Yes I am in one right now. 3 more day to got. However, note that no one has come to check on me or even call. Others I know who have done the 14 day cuarentena upon arrival tell a similar story. No control whatsoever. You just take a taxi from Ezeiza and go home, or someone can pick you up even.

This is for CABA and Buenos Aires Province -- you just stay home. My understanding is that in other provinces it's a strict cuarentena -- in some cases in a hotel.

Last edited:
Just to add. In CABA, it's not strict. I have friends come to bring me some groceries every few days, we chat for a bit at the entrance (maintaining distance obviously), I have had groceries delivered from Disco, ordered food from Glovo, UberEats, etc. I have a big sunny balcony. So it's not too bad. It's totally unnecessary pain in the butt and a negative PCR should have been enough but you know, politics.

It is true that no one in CABA no one routinely checks. There are no longer traffic checks between provincia and CABA where they would also detect quarantine breakers. The authorities DO however follow up on denuncias from neighbors etc. In such cases the Police are usually sent to investigate, as Macri recently found out when he returned from France and had the police raid his home, along with many returnees who have made the headlines. Any foreigner who needs to maintain a clean criminal record to stay in the country should think twice about breaking it.

In my building they made it clear I was not to leave my apartment and all neighbours volunteered to bring deliveries to my door or help with shopping etc. So I guess it will depend on your neighbors / building more than anything else.

In this sense it could be harsher... in the Cayman Islands arrivals need to wear an ankle bracelet during their 14 day self-isolation and in New Zealand, Australia or Paraguay it will be a mandatory paid hotel stay guarded by the military!

Two of my Kuwaiti students returning from abroad were met at the airport by their government's agents, immediately tested, and then fitted with a GPS tracker locked around their wrist and required to quarantine for 28 days. Yes, 28 days, 4 weeks, twice as long as any other country I know of, regardless of test results.

Back