are you happy there?

We had our doggie fly with us as a search and rescue dog at our feet. No way we could have put him under the plane for 12 hours.

pericles-E said:
To feel real happiness the pain of deep unhappiness must also be present like a pendulum .

Beautiful, poetic, romantic... however I must respectfully disagree. Some people face deep unhappiness and yet never feel happiness. I think happiness is a steady, constant thing. And perhaps while the sum of happiness has something to do with your life experiences and your environment, I think more than anything it is inherent. It's something you were born with, genetics, the chemical makeup of your brain. Oh boy, we're way onto another topic as this point! :)

(I digress. And I do it often. My apologies!)

Our pets (singular at the moment) are like members of our family, and we would no sooner leave behind our cat than one of our daughters. Nor would we put our cat into cargo any sooner than one of our daughters. Our cat (the other one died at age 18) goes everywhere we go and has lived so far in two States and three countries. She flies in her nice little soft box under the seat in front of my wife's feet.

Having said that, would we make a decision about where we live or would want to live based on our cat? No.

MartenBS
I too have pets my cat is liviing on the finca in Meddoza. I had to leave her for about 6 months.. Now I can't figure out what to do.. MY partner will never leave so I had to leave him.. Life in the states has not gotten easier so those of you who planned on coming back realize there is little work things cost a lot.. You may be struggling in the states as well. Martin if you like to write me to sort this out may be we can help each other. I feel lost between two worlds and it does not stop.. It was a mistake I made and can't undo

P.S. Delta lets you keep you cat or small dog with you in cabin you pay extra but it is worth it..

tangobob said:
See, it is the Paris of the South.:D
As local, I respectfully and strongly ask not to compare B.A. with Paris anymore. It causes a lot of misunderstandings and people here lost in confusion. If this comparison continues, I`ll begin a campaign naming USA as the Argentina of the north ( I have WSJ already with me) and Obama the Kirchner of America.

While I sympathize with your feeling about this, gus, you have mixed your metaphors. Paris is not in the States, unless you are thinking of Paris, Texas. A more appropriate metaphor in this case would be that France is the Argentina of Europe (hey, this does have a ring of truth to it), and Carla Bruni is the (potential) Christina of France.

Personally, I do not compare Buenos Aires with Paris, because except for a very few buildings in the French style, I am more reminded of Milan. Having said that, Buenos Aires is in most respects a distinctly unique city, and there is certainly no other like it (in my experience) in either of the Americas.

What I really love about Buenos Aires is the fact that every barrio has its own feel to it and when you go to a new area you suddenly open your eyes to a different city with a new kind of curiosity.

I wouldn´t compare Buenos Aires with Paris either....and I agree that Bs As is its own thing. For instance, think that after New York and London it´s the city with most theatre plays in the cartelera. Of course we can all disagree on the quality of those plays, but I think it´s fantastic. There´s action, old people are moving around, there´s a sense of history. There are lots of stories from other decades, lots of things flowing in the air.

Back