Are you illegal while waiting for residency?

If you are waiting for a residency, you are not illegal, you are WORSE than illegal, you are nobody and you can have zero help, DNM can make whatever they want. If you think that if you have a precaria, waiting for a residency, does not means will get it eventually, you might get it or might no, whatever they like.

I`m soon to be a year in Argentina, and I first visited DNM on a valid tourist visa, guess what? I do not have DNI yet, do not know a way to fight it.

We have free juridical advice place and they wrote about my turn "Indocumentada". I said, but wait I have passport, I have precaria, they said no, this is nothing, you are INDOCUMENTADA for Argentina and therefore we will not help you. When I asked could they help me to get finally this DNI- they said ofc NO. Once Again DNM can do whatever they want.

There is a law, that you can even proceed your migration case for free, if you have a reason. The laws are usually beautiful here, is not it? DNM should make a decision within 5 days, if they keep silent – then you passed and it is free. Amazing right? On practice they answered after more than 6 months with negative answer, what`s written in the law does not matter.

I also went yesterday to a local ANSES office and got my CUIL, just showing my precaria

Congrats, this CUIL is nothing. When/if you get DNI you will need to get a real CUIL.
The one you have is a CUIL provisorio and I personally could not use it anywhere. Even other offices of ANSES could not see this CUIL in their system, they said they have no idea what for it is needed, they can not work with it, only issue it.

Will new govt have power to abolish 70/2017 or will new govt have a different approach / vice versa for Asians/Africans and Venezuelans?

Congrats, this CUIL is nothing. When/if you get DNI you will need to get a real CUIL.
The one you have is a CUIL provisorio and I personally could not use it anywhere. Even other offices of ANSES could not see this CUIL in their system, they said they have no idea what for it is needed, they can not work with it, only issue it.
I understand that the precaria was provisorio, and would eventually need the permanente. But are you saying I can't use the provisorio to work, for example take a job in a cafe? Where did you try to use your provisorio? Thanks

I understand that the precaria was provisorio, and would eventually need the permanente. But are you saying I can't use the provisorio to work, for example take a job in a cafe? Where did you try to use your provisorio? Thanks
You can work because there are 2 slavery systems. The American didn’t allow to buy freedom, the islamic does. This is why they allow you to work: for being able to pay precaria.

If you have an application in process through immigration, you will have a precaria to prove you are in process. I had three precarias before my DNI came through.
I was 8 months on a precaria before my DNI was delivered. I flew in and out of the country 5 times during these months with no issues by showing the paper. Beware that you need a renewed precaria every 60(?) days I believe. So pay attention to the epiration date if you plan to re enter after some time. My company would just send me new ones here and there.
Can I ask both of you how long it took to get your precaria renewed? I ask because I submitted the request for a renewal of my precaria Nov. 1 and I am still waiting. I need to travel outside the country Nov. 25. Also, how do you know it's been renewed? Do you just go the section of the Migraciones website called Gestión de renovación precaria? Thanks.

Can I ask both of you how long it took to get your precaria renewed? I ask because I submitted the request for a renewal of my precaria Nov. 1 and I am still waiting. I need to travel outside the country Nov. 25. Also, how do you know it's been renewed? Do you just go the section of the Migraciones website called Gestión de renovación precaria? Thanks.
The precaria is renewed in a couple of hours.

Back