Are you illegal while waiting for residency?

Was irregular for 6 years, don't sweat it.

Only recently became legal

While I am in Cordoba, ain't much different

So you had no problem being irregular in Cordoba, are they easy going there? Did you get citizenship in the end ? like to hear your story.

So you had no problem being irregular in Cordoba, are they easy going there? Did you get citizenship in the end ? like to hear your story.

Entry stamp, 04 JUL 2012, no exit stamp.

I was working for a company that let me on as an irregular, the "Whitest Black". They started harassing me about paperwork. The immigration office was real helpful. Owner of the company freaked out when Macri became president and shooed me out, something about a 200 thousand peso fine for hiring a foreigner without papers haha. My wife was no help, I had to stumble over all the roadblocks blind. I learned Argentine red tape very fast. Lots of traveling - everything is ok today, tomorrow we need new translations. Fingerprint card was real rough, it was not until I went to the embassy to renew my passport in Bs As that I finally got the card done (I also got my old passport back, with holes in it- for ID). After the final hoop was done - I have my permanent visa, DNI and I make jokes all the time about going on welfare here.

Life has not changed much, I am on my wife's APROSS now, that is about it. Oh, and now the excuse not to hire me is "overqualified"

I am retired. I entered Argentina with a one year temporary residence visa. My plan is to stay indefinitely. When I arrived I applied for and received my DNI card. Both will expire in a couple of months. I’m wondering what are the steps to take to renew both? How would I find out that information? Thank you.

I am retired. I entered Argentina with a one year temporary residence visa. My plan is to stay indefinitely. When I arrived I applied for and received my DNI card. Both will expire in a couple of months. I’m wondering what are the steps to take to renew both? How would I find out that information? Thank you.
Deadlines are suspended.

If deadlines are suspended, I should not bother to go through a renewal process of my temporary visa and DNI?

If deadlines are suspended, I should not bother to go through a renewal process of my temporary visa and DNI?
I suggest you to write an email/call to your respective delegacion. Since you should need to start the process anyway, so worth starting it now. Nothing in Argentina works fast anyway.

Back