Areas of BsAs to Live..Best/worst?

BKK to BA

Registered
forgive if this has been covered before but Im looking for an apt in BsAs to rent and would like to hear what areas are the best to live for safety,social activities,and what areas are the ones to avoid.

Thanks in advance

I like Almagro more and more as its a neighbourhood with a great mixture of old and new as well as having excellent services small shops and great little cafes of the older standard. I am amazed that more expats have not brought there as it has all that Palermo offers and more and of course its much cheaper.

pericles said:
I like Almagro more and more as its a neighbourhood with a great mixture of old and new as well as having excellent services small shops and great little cafes of the older standard. I am amazed that more expats have not brought there as it has all that Palermo offers and more and of course its much cheaper.

You forgot TB is there as well, that will always boost an areas apeal.:)

more info is needed.

How old are you?
Single, or a couple?
Speak Castellano?
Work?
Go to School?
Do you party all night, and sleep all day?
Are you looking for the romance of Borges, or the romance of 22 year old british students here for a semester?
Do you cook, or eat all your meals out?
What is your budget?
Here to tango?
Do you like the Pizza here?

Basically, a retiree interested in literature who goes to sleep at 8pm is going to want to live in a totally different neighborhood from a 20 something who is invincible, immortal, and very thirsty...

Ries said:
more info is needed.

How old are you?
Single, or a couple?
Speak Castellano?
Work?
Go to School?
Do you party all night, and sleep all day?
Are you looking for the romance of Borges, or the romance of 22 year old british students here for a semester?
Do you cook, or eat all your meals out?
What is your budget?
Here to tango?
Do you like the Pizza here?

Basically, a retiree interested in literature who goes to sleep at 8pm is going to want to live in a totally different neighborhood from a 20 something who is invincible, immortal, and very thirsty...

Fair enough

35 y.o. single male speak English w/ some Spanish but not enough
stay up/wake up late
rarely cook
budget 800-1300 usd per month need 2brms
gym rat
avid movie goer

BKK to BA said:
Fair enough

44 y.o. single male speak English w/ some Spanish but not enough
stay up/wake up late
rarely cook
budget 800-1300 usd per month need 2brms
gym rat
avid movie goer

recoleta would be good.
there is a megaton gym at the mall and a movie theater there also.
check out around around billinghurst or bollini and juncal

Care to make recommendations for another hopeful?

wanted 2 bedrooms, with internet, good kitchen, AC, heating, large balcony (verandao), nice/safe area, near schools
How old are you? 57 retired with Brazilian girlfriend: 36 who speaks Portugues and a little English
Single, or a couple? Couple with 11 year old daughter who speaks only Portuguese
Speak Castellano? No, we can speak portu-nol (an ugly combination of Portugues e Espanol, with heavy emphasis on the Portugues)
Work? retired, girlfriend would like to work
Go to School? 11 year old daughter needs to go to good school, but not too expensive
Do you party all night, and sleep all day? No, not too much
Do you cook, or eat all your meals out? cook a lot, eat out occasionally, easy access to markets for meat, vegetables, and fruits would be great
What is your budget? would like to spend US $1,000.00 per month, more or less depends on the apartment, etc.
Here to tango? Is that like Samba (joke) Can't Samba either.
Do you like the Pizza here? Haven't had it yet
Thanks, Andy

Alto Palermo is a nice area & have everything you want.

If you meet anyone who is calling Villa Crespo "Palermo Queens" run!

If I was BKK, I would look at the areas around Las Canitas and Belgrano- great movie theaters and gyms in Belgrano. Lots of nightlife in Las Canitas. Good subte and bus service to other areas.

If I was arockwell, I would look at places in Colegiales, near Belgrano, but more family oriented, still close to everything- or Cabillito- great family neighborhood, wonderful old style market, lots of great food stands, schools, parks, and public transit- a Porteno middle class neighborhood with lower prices than the touristy hipster places. My Porteno friends with kids live there.

But really, you have to look for yourself- for instance, the slightly seedy gay nightlife in San Telmo may be heaven to some, and completely uninteresting to others. Some people love Recoleta on first sight. Others want single family homes in gated suburban communities.

Back