ARG Presidential debate 2023: date, where it is and how to watch it live

gracielle

Registered
Click anywhere on the article in Spanish to open the menu. Next click on Translate to English.
8 Sept 2023
Presidential debate 2023: date, where it is and how to watch it live. Candidates in the October elections will present their proposals to the electorate and face their competitors. It is a mandatory event and leaders who do not attend will be sanctioned....As confirmed by the National Electoral Chamber, the first of the debates will take place on October 1st in Santiago del Estero, at the Forum room in the center of the capital. The CNE organizes the logistics of that first event in conjunction with the National University of that province.

The second will be on Sunday, October 8th and will take place at the Faculty of Law of the University of Buenos Aires, in CABA. If there is a runoff, the third debate will be held on November 12, also at the UBA Faculty of Law....The five candidates who exceeded the minimum number of votes established by the PASO will participate in the presidential debates: Javier Milei, Patricia Bullrich, Sergio Massa, Juan Schiaretti and Myriam Bregman....How to watch the presidential debate on October 1st. According to information from the Ministry of Justice and Human Rights, the debate must be broadcasted live on all the State radio and television media in the country. If private television and radio channels want to broadcast the debate, they can do so as well. Private television or radio channels do not have to pay anything for the right to broadcast the debate. However, it is important to highlight that the transmission must respect accessibility and must have subtitles, a sign language interpreter, etc.

How can the third debate be November 12 when the general election is October 22?

The government certainly plans ahead for another outcome.

Man, this is going to be an interesting one to watch. Tucker Carlson went to Argentina to interview Milei. This is going to be one of the most anticipated elections in South America history.

Click anywhere on the article in Spanish to open the menu. Next click on Translate to English.
15 September 2023
The details of the presidential debate. Yesterday the CNE defined by lottery the order of the topics and the speakers. The five candidates will debate on October 1 at the National University of Santiago del Estero and on October 8 at the Facultad de Derecho (UBA). How they will be positioned at the lecterns and in what order they will respond to the thematic blocks. Each one will be given time for rebuttal....

It's truly remarkable to me how Bullrich is being ignored, non-Milei are now going all in on Massa, and there is a broad sense that a Milei presidency is inevitable. Even the official classes are conceding that they are out of ideas . . . Massa himself, for instance, agreed to what once would have seemed to be a radical idea and idiotic Milei posturing: that the government should stop the process of passing a 2024 budget until after the election, given the likelihood of a radical change in leadership.

Truly remarkable. I've booked a trip back down to BA to spend a few weeks, massive changes are coming, and I want to marinate a last time in the current space before Argentina joins the rest of the world.

Truly remarkable. I've booked a trip back down to BA to spend a few weeks, massive changes are coming, and I want to marinate a last time in the current space before Argentina joins the rest of the world.
I think you're right that we may be coming to an end of a remarkable era of living in the alternate universe know as Argentina. "There are four kinds of countries in the world: developed countries, undeveloped countries, Japan and Argentina." - Simon Kuznets

29 September 2023
....Presidential debate: when and where to watch it. Starting at 9:00pm on Sunday, October 1st.

The Association of Argentine Broadcasters (ATA) and the Federal Council of Public Television determined that Rodolfo Barili (Telefé),
Evangelina Ramallo (Canal 9 litoral), Esteban Mirol (elnueve) and Lucila Trujillo (TV Pública/C5N ) will moderate the debate in pairs.
As reported by the CNE, it will be broadcasted live by all media affiliated to Radio and Television Argentina Sociedad del Estado (RTASE).
The signal will be made available to all public and private media in the country that wish to broadcast it. The presidential debate will also
be broadcasted via streaming on the YouTube channel of the Cámara Nacional Electoral and will have simultaneous sign language translation.

Back