Argentina Cancel Its Participation On The Cruzex (Again)

I would not refer to a Tupolev TU-160 in particular as a "flying antique". It is actually one of the most fearsome and powerful bombers in the world. It was designed in the 80s and the first units rolled out the assembly line as the URSS collapsed. It represents the climax of Soviet technology and it was designed to penetrate some of the most dense and sophisticated air defenses in the world. It is a massive beast that can fly up to twice the speed of sound and deliver tons of bombs and explosives with incredible and deadly precision.

I know the plane very very well. Too well.They were attempting to emulate the Valkyrie and or the SST [military] we dropped production on those planes and the supersonic bomber concept because they were rendered useless and outmoted by certain ground to air missles. The Russians however chose to continue any way.

Attachments

• Val 1.png
    Val 1.png
    63.6 KB · Views: 7
I know the plane very very well. Too well.They were attempting to emulate the Valkyrie and or the SST [military] we dropped production on those planes and the supersonic bomber concept because they were rendered useless and outmoted by certain ground to air missles. The Russians however chose to continue any way.

I beg to differ. The TU-160 has little to nothing to do with the B-70 Valkyrie. The B-70 was a fixed-wing high altitude, high radar signature, high speed strategic bomber conceived in the 1950s, when ground air defenses were still primitive. The TU-160 is a variable-wing, high speed, low-altitude, low radar signature strategic bomber designed to deal with modern and dense air defense systems. It does have a lot in common with the B-1B Lancer bomber, which is currently in active service in the USAF. The difference is that the TU-160 is bigger, faster, and more powerful.

Tu-160+vs+B1-B+%25281%2529.jpg

B-1B
300px-B-1B_over_the_pacific_ocean.jpg

TU-160
162903.jpg

Great performance of the Colombian Air Force ground crew during the latest Cruzex military exercise in Brazil. These guys are a blast. The Argentines missed a hell of a party.

http://youtu.be/7-01ckYeFNY

Back