Argentina dream

Aysun

Registered
Hi there,
I'm living in Antalya/Turkey right now but moving and living in Argentina is a great dream for me.
I'm open to hear all the advises about living/working there.

Thanks in advance (Probably I'll be a good follower of this forum)

Cheers :)
Aysun

Well, your question is too wide. If you are more specifict, them we might advice you.
Working? What do you do?
Living? Single? Married? with children?
Regards

Your are coonstantly complaining about how pathetic my country/city is. What you don't realize is how pathetic your comments are and it really seems you are blaming BA for all your frustrations and fails.

Just go back to your "civilized" paradise and make your dreams come true. Let other people decide whether they like it here or not.

Lee said:
While living in Argentina might be an upgrade to Turkey...if you have the ability to move somewhere else, I would do a bit more research as you can certainly do better!

mercjoe said:
Your are coonstantly complaining about how pathetic my country/city is. What you don't realize is how pathetic your comments are and it really seems you are blaming BA for all your frustrations and fails.

Just go back to your "civilized" paradise and make your dreams come true. Let other people decide whether they like it here or not.
Very bad attitude. I am sorry that you actually feel this way. Proves that you haven't had the opportunity to expand your mind. The answer IS NOT to always tell people to go home. Maybe it would be better to try to help your people and your country do have a better lifestyle.

Merhaba Aysun. I lived in Istanbul for 6 years before moving to Buenos Aires (1 year) sen me a private message if you would like to chat about the similarities/differences.

cruizes said:
Very bad attitude. I am sorry that you actually feel this way. Proves that you haven't had the opportunity to expand your mind. The answer IS NOT to always tell people to go home. Maybe it would be better to try to help your people and your country do have a better lifestyle.

Lee's attitude is as bad as his. Aysun didn't ask where she could move to, but she said she WANTS to move to Buenos Aires (actually that her DREAM is moving to BA). Instead of trying to help her in pursuing her dream - and yes, that would include warning her about the challenges BA presents - Lee always posts bosta about anything related to BA. Lee, as an long-time expat, you are really tiring. I somehow understand the reaction of the locals. Please contribute, and do yourself a favour: pack your bags and leave that hell of a city.

Amargo said:
Lee's attitude is as bad as his. Aysun didn't ask where she could move to, but she said she WANTS to move to Buenos Aires (actually that her DREAM is moving to BA). Instead of trying to help her in pursuing her dream - and yes, that would include warning her about the challenges BA presents - Lee always posts bosta about anything related to BA. Lee, as an long-time expat, you are really tiring. I somehow understand the reaction of the locals. Please contribute, and do yourself a favour: pack your bags and leave that hell of a city.

Complaining once in a while about some aspects about life in Buenos Aires is one thing but reflecting your own personal dilemmas and problems onto a people and City is plain unfair . In the beginning I sympathised with Cruizes and his problems but at the end I just switched off as it seems that the city was not the problem but he himself .

Moving to a new city you have to adjust , learn the language , mix with people not just expats , show a positive attitude . This is a city of 12 million people not every Argentinian is bad . There are great people out there with the most fantastic sense of humour and onda . If you cannot find some good people after 5 years the problem is definetely you fullstop.

The comments about the city can be said about New York, London, Paris etc . It really boils down to where you live in that city . Someone living in Constitution and Monserrat will have a different experience to someone in Barrio Norte . There are very clean barrios and dirty ones.

Regarding how expensive it is it is true but it has become tiring to many here that the main topics on some peoples mind is this and this alone. Did you come to Buenos Aires just because it was cheap in 2004- 2005. If that was a reason to move here I feel little sympathy for you as these reasons are the worst for realocation.

Buenos Aires is what you make it . Everything really is attitude!!

I think that much of the negative attirude tat grows in some people has to do with the fact that argentina is mostly sold as something its not . I stopped being the paris of south america before the 1920s , it it ever was at all.
Argentina , un pais con buena gente - me thinks not

Back