Argentina Entry Covid Test Requirments

Are airlines asking for an onward travel ticket for tickets or are tourists able to come with just a one-way ticket?

Are airlines asking for an onward travel ticket for tickets or are tourists able to come with just a one-way ticket?
I came in on the 28th. I was asked for DDJJ, PCR, proof of vaccination and insurance. I was not asked for my return ticket (I traveled on a one way but do have another one way out).

Occasionally they will ask for a return. Very rare but it happened to me once. I had to make a dummy reservation on miles with amerizan that I than canceled :) it was good enough.

Yes you are right it does say PCR> If you are in CABA you can get it for free at La Rural in Palermo.
Please give feedback to the forum if you’re able to do this, just over a week ago, people turning up at La Rural for a PCR test without an appointment were turned away, and appointments weren’t available within a reasonable timeframe for any public test centre in CABA.

I got PCR test with appt at diagnóstico maipu last Monday the 27th. Scheduled on the 26th. There were 4 other cars while there.

Please give feedback to the forum if you’re able to do this, just over a week ago, people turning up at La Rural for a PCR test without an appointment were turned away, and appointments weren’t available within a reasonable timeframe for any public test centre in CABA.
ahhh i have not have been there since November. I guess with the surge incases things are different now. Before when the test at day 5 was required to end the quarantine they actually called you and gave you an appointment. Not sure if they would do that again now that the 2nd PCR is back.

I came in on the 28th. I was asked for DDJJ, PCR, proof of vaccination and insurance. I was not asked for my return ticket (I traveled on a one way but do have another one way out).
For the COVID insurance, how closely do they check this? My credit card comes with insurance for COVID hospitalisation but not isolation costs (which I'd be able to cover myself in any case if needed).

And for the DDJJ, I've seen some contradictory wording regarding the "48 hours". Bajo_cero2's post says "completada al menos 48 horas antes del inicio del viaje", which I think means it has to be more than 48 hours before the trip starts? But on the Migraciones website it says "completada al menos 48 horas antes del inicio del viaje, which I think means you can't complete it earlier than 48 hours before the travel? (i.e. the opposite)

Thanks!

M
For the COVID insurance, how closely do they check this? My credit card comes with insurance for COVID hospitalisation but not isolation costs (which I'd be able to cover myself in any case if needed).

And for the DDJJ, I've seen some contradictory wording regarding the "48 hours". Bajo_cero2's post says "completada al menos 48 horas antes del inicio del viaje", which I think means it has to be more than 48 hours before the trip starts? But on the Migraciones website it says "completada al menos 48 horas antes del inicio del viaje, which I think means you can't complete it earlier than 48 hours before the travel? (i.e. the opposite)

Thanks!
My insurance was checked by the airline in the US, and they did check it closely. My regular insurance does cover Covid, but there was nothing written they could provide me that stated this clearly. Isolation is also a glitch. So, I bought supplemental travel insurance that came with a letter that clearly said it covered both Covid medical and isolation. It cost about $40 each. It’s from Travel Insured International and is the Worldwide Trip Protector policy. I printed out the policy overview and kept the letter about Covid coverage on the top. Very glad to have a paper copy, as both the airlines and Argentine immigration were not happy about all the people scrolling through phones looking for documents.

Thanks!
Haha man the wording is exactly the same. Read it again ;). It means within 48hs prior to the start of your trip.

Back