Argentina Entry Covid Test Requirments

Tranqui:)nobody looks at how much hours before the trip ddjj was made

I don't get why anybody here speaks about covid insurance, if you are living here, as a resident you don't need insurance. travel insurance doesn't work in the country of residency it's for tourism ( at least all of my insurances were saying so)
dnm assumes anybody with DNI just can access public healthcare, its according to migration law.

Tranqui:)nobody looks at how much hours before the trip ddjj was made
That is correct BUT the system automatically allows you to chose a date of travel within 2 days. The rest of the dates are blacked out.

I don't get why anybody here speaks about covid insurance, if you are living here, as a resident you don't need insurance. travel insurance doesn't work in the country of residency it's for tourism ( at least all of my insurances were saying so)
dnm assumes anybody with DNI just can access public healthcare, its according to migration law.
Right. But not everyone on this forum is a resident, many are just on a tourist visa.

Also, on our flight, there were only about 5 people in front of us in the tourist arrival line, probably 90% of the flight were Argentines and residents just sailing through. So, immigration had plenty of time to ask for and look through all of our documents.

It’s a real headache to travel at the moment. If you have had covid in the last 90 days, your PCR test is likely to show up as positive. Here in the UK omicron is sweeping through the country and has been for some time, so there’s a good chance I have contracted it even if I don’t know it, which would therefore make my PCR positive, and leave my travel plans in chaos. Father in law almost died of a heart attack earlier this year and my wife hasn’t seen him for more than 2 years. This uncertainty is driving us crazy

It’s a real headache to travel at the moment. If you have had covid in the last 90 days, your PCR test is likely to show up as positive. Here in the UK omicron is sweeping through the country and has been for some time, so there’s a good chance I have contracted it even if I don’t know it, which would therefore make my PCR positive, and leave my travel plans in chaos. Father in law almost died of a heart attack earlier this year and my wife hasn’t seen him for more than 2 years. This uncertainty is driving us crazy
you can fly to Argentina with a positive PCR test as long as it's been more than I think 14 days and you have a doctor's note saying you have recovered.

you can fly to Argentina with a positive PCR test as long as it's been more than I think 14 days and you have a doctor's note saying you have recovered.
Sure, but if I haven’t tested positive, then I will never have that doctors note showing recovery. What I mean is, I could have unknowingly contracted the virus early december (without taking a test) and then that may make my pre flight test positive. Tricky situation

Sure, but if I haven’t tested positive, then I will never have that doctors note showing recovery. What I mean is, I could have unknowingly contracted the virus early december (without taking a test) and then that may make my pre flight test positive. Tricky situation
You should not test positive beyond 2-3 weeks after you get Covid this is even more so the case with omicron.

If you’re super concerned … about 15-17 days before your trip get a PCR. Then lay really low until your travel PCR. If you do test positive on the first one you have time for recovery

Just got to hope really..
If you are in the UK right now, you can do more than just hope. There is an antibody test which determines whether or not you have Covid 19 antibodies in your bloodstream. As I understand it, the range of people who can get it for free on the NHS is rather limited but it can be obtained privately from Lloyds Pharmacies and BUPA amongst others. They don't stick anything up your nose or down your throat - this test requires you to have a little prick. (Sorry about that!) It's probably easiest to Google for something like "How do I know if I have Covid?" then browse through the offerings Google gives you for that question from the NHS, gov.uk and private providers. Good luck!

Back