Argentina Entry Covid Test Requirments

Sebbie

Registered
My wife and I plan to visit BA for about three weeks in May/June. Its her first trip but my third. I am an American and she is an Australian. Can anyone tell me what the latest Argentine Covid entry requirements are? Information available here in the US is that visitors must have a valid passport with at least 6 months validity remaining, must have a negative PCR test taken in the previous 72 hours before arrival, and have covid medical insurance coverage. That’s all pretty standard stuff…but it seems Argentina also requires a second PCR test after being in country 5 days…Is this true? And If so, does it apply to visitors from any country or just those who have visited/transited through any country in Africa the previous 14 days?

Finally, I have not had any luck finding a government web site, in English, that sets out the entry restrictions mentioned above. What info I have has been gleaned from web pages here and there…but nothing from the Argentine government that sets everything out.

Thank you all….

Stephen

If you are vacinated you don`t need second PCR in X days. If you are vaccinated you just enter and that is it. After crossing the boarder they may or not take antigen test, if you are foreigner they may ask you to pay for this.

If you are NOT vacinated they will NOT let you in unless you are resident.
If you are not vacinated and resident the test in X days or cuarantena will depend on the province you go to(there is national rules, but few days ago guy at the boarder told me it all doesnt work but depends on the provinces, nation doesnt care, where you reside- its their pain to manage you according to their rules)

1. There is no requirement to have 6months on the validity of the passport. Argentina never asked for that. Your passport needs to be valid for the duration of your stay.
2. The CURRENT rules are PCR test 72hs prior to the 1st flight on the SAME ticket/itinerary NOT the arrival in Argentina.
3. If you are not an ARG citizen or resident you MUST be vaccinated and have a certificate/proof. Exceptions are made for those that are direct relatives to Argentine citizens/residents but then they must quarantine.
4.CURRENTLY -- these rules can change -- you do not have to repeat the test at day 5-7.

P>S>It's silly to worry about a trip in 6 months. Lot's of things can happen by then.

Has anyone gone in recently? My PCR test doesn't have a QR code - everyone else (4 others) travelling in my work group do.
Do the border officials check closely - it still has my name, passport number etc. so hope not an issue.
But good to know if anyone has experience on this point.

I can't imagine anyone in Arg looking closely at the result... All my other flights they just glanced at it and maybe looked at the date and result.

the QR code isn't needed in my experience. just looked quickly at the test if anything

I recently crossed once again, here are the rules ( that are in use right now):

If it's less then 6 days since you are away from Argentina you don't need nothing, but special little paper that you should obtain at Sanidad when leaving( the paper is written by hand and says 6 Dias, lol, nothing more. they give 1 paper for family group, assuming you all should glue one to each other while abroad). The previous time they were giving 3 Dias. And some time before that it was only 24 horas.( I have no idea according to which law this changes)

If it's more then 6 days you enter and do the test the day#7(?!). all above -for vaccinared.

Not vaccinated they assume can't go anywhere( thats doubtfully as nobody can stop you from regressing to your own country at least, or going to the country that permits you to enter. But Argentinian migraciones told me they want let out non vaccinated in no case, impossible 100%) Non vaccinated residents can enter. But then can't go away, ha

Back