Argentina Me Too Movement

Abuse of any kind is completely wrong but its not only men abusing woman . In Argentina I can think of hundreds of cases that older actresses are paying or coercing young men to have relations with them as to further their career . This also has a very negative affect on the victim .
People in power be it men or woman for millions of years have abused those of lower economic means be it physically and sexually .
Moira Casan who now has over 73 years is famous for her young lovers . Do you believe that all these men willingly wanted to have sexual relations with her. Maybe a small percentage but most were cooerced as to further the career or even paid directly .
Listen to this audacious audio from her detailling her sexual relationships and drug use in Cordoba .
Just imagine if this was a man speaking this way there would be huge outrage by society but she is left off scot free why ?

Last edited:
Abuse of any kind is completely wrong but its not only men abusing woman who have positions of power . In Argentina I can think of hundreds of cases that older actresses are paying or coercing young men to have relations with them as to further their career . This also has a very negative affect on the victim . People in power be it men or woman for millions of years have abused those of lower economic means be it physically and sexually . Moira Casan who now has over 70 years is famous for her young lovers . Do you believe that all these men willingly wanted to have sexual relations with her? Maybe a small percentage but most were cooerced as to further the career or even paid directly . Listen to this audacious audio from her detailling her sexual relationships and drug use in Cordoba .
Just imagine if this was a man speaking this way there would be huge outrage by society but she is left scot free why ?

I think Perry is correct. If she were a man saying these things (like Trump bragging in that famous van incident) she'd be widely condemned. We don't know if she paid men for sexual relations. It's very possible and if so an argument can be made that it's a form of exploitation. What is saddest is that this woman, now entering the final stage of her life, seems to have made sex her priority and has a need to announce it to the world. Does this give her more self esteem?

Abuse of any kind is completely wrong but its not only men abusing woman . In Argentina I can think of hundreds of cases that older actresses are paying or coercing young men to have relations with them as to further their career . This also has a very negative affect on the victim .
People in power be it men or woman for millions of years have abused those of lower economic means be it physically and sexually .
Moira Casan who now has over 73 years is famous for her young lovers . Do you believe that all these men willingly wanted to have sexual relations with her. Maybe a small percentage but most were cooerced as to further the career or even paid directly .
Listen to this audacious audio from her detailling her sexual relationships and drug use in Cordoba .
Just imagine if this was a man speaking this way there would be huge outrage by society but she is left off scot free why ?

I don't like the argument "if men did it, now it's our turn". This is presented by some women as validation for lowering their own selves, but the emphasis is very much on some. Moria Casan is obviously an easy example to tar all women with the same brush. In other words, she is a terrible example of womanhood, or at least I hope she is. I don't think women need to lower their standard of behaviour to get their point across. I presume Moria was like this way before the MeToo moment.

No-one is suggesting the abuse is not both ways, but equally we can't dispute that the evidence shows man on woman violence/sexual abuse is more frequent than woman on man. There are biologicial and psychological reasons for this, by the way and women should embrace those differences to really improve our culture.

For what it's worth (and as sweeping generalizations go), I think the problem with our world is bad men, not bad women.

I think that it is horrible to judge somebody and destroy his or her reputation and life only with slander and without any further proof. If he were proved a pervert or a rapist I would never back him or anyone else but to report somebody 9 years later looks ridiculous. I will back Darthes until he is proved guilty.
I also take into consideration that a 16 year old girl nowadays is not a child, at this age girls are much smarter than we were in our times and we all knew when it was the right time to kick somebody in the balls if necessary.
In addition, she could have done all this without making a dramatic public telenovela. How would you like it somebody to start spreading false rumors about you on social networks and media to destroy you? I believe in karma. I am very disappointed at the younger local female generations.

I think that it is horrible to judge somebody and destroy his or her reputation and life only with slander and without any further proof. If he were proved a pervert or a rapist I would never back him or anyone else but to report somebody 9 years later looks ridiculous. I will back Darthes until he is proved guilty.
I also take into consideration that a 16 year old girl nowadays is not a child, at this age girls are much smarter than we were in our times and we all knew when it was the right time to kick somebody in the balls if necessary.
In addition, she could have done all this without making a dramatic public telenovela. How would you like it somebody to start spreading false rumors about you on social networks and media to destroy you? I believe in karma. I am very disappointed at the younger local female generations.

It is up to the accused to prove it was "mutually consented" sex. Sometimes its hard to prove....! what goes on in the bedroom..:rolleyes:o_O

you are a woman, then?
If you start asking around, virtually every woman you know or are related to will have stories about being sexually harrassed, discriminated against, and, a very large percentage of the time, assaulted or raped. This is really really common. But, again, all of the commenters on this thread, lamenting the current very slight improvement in things for women, are MEN.

So- my sources would be my mother, my wife, and virtually all of my women friends.

The rights of women has nothing to do with this debate.
What they are doing with Carthes is an ancient germanic institution where if the rape of a woman of the familly was discovered in fraganti, then the peace was lost, the criminal process was no necesary and the criminal was considered an enemy with no rights and the familly or anyone (it varies from region to region) was able to kill him, to burn his house and to destroy all his assets without any consequense. This was buried by Carlo Magno and resurrected by Hitler and localy Videla used it to sentence to torture, rape and kill over 30.000 people.

Last edited:
Anyone who has been sexually violated, regardless of their gender, has the fear of not being believed or taken seriously. They also have raised the series of questions frequently seen in comments on articles, forums (like this one), etc., to themselves prior to everyone feeling like they have to have their say about what happened. Sure, you’re going to have some who try to exploit the system, like in any system with rules or law. The question is whether the exploited outnumber those that are justified cases.

Another issue that the Me Too movement attempts to address is cases where the victim in question is perceived by society as having “asked for it” or “encouraged it” or “put themselves at risk”. If you’ve never had to work with victims of sexual violence (regardless of gender), you may be isolated from knowing how often these cases occur. One could argue that these victims are chosen specifically because society is likely to not believe them.

In any case, I’ve yet to see a comment that actually addresses trying to fix the underlying problems of sexual violence in this thread. Let’s just post something shocking and emotion-invoking and grab some popcorn. It’s obvious that many of the posters on this thread (Ries excluded) have not had any type of personal exposure to anyone who has experienced sexual violence. Let’s just be glad that you and the ones you love haven’t.

In Argentina with the coherent story of the victim and the psychological reports that show sequelae of rape is enough to condemn. But the facts are uncomfortable for the circus

Back