Argentina Primary Election Scenario Analysis

The polling place is 2 blocks from my bldg. in Caballito. I arrived at 12:30pm and waited in line for 2 hrs. to enter the school.
It took much longer than in previous years. Once inside I was in and out in 5 minutes. There were no issues with the machines.
Same here.

They changed the school where
I had to go. Though my address is still the same. Had to wait 2 hrs in queue. Ppl were getting super exasperated.

We voted in Campana, organization was Argentina-style: mesas were indicated in chalk on the ground in front of each queue (and so invisible for new arrivals...), voters were called 5 or 10 at a time into the school to queue a second time, here we showed our DNIs, said which "orden" we belonged to (mesa and orden are indicated on the voter roll which we had checked on the internet). The people manning the mesa had rolls with our DNI photos on them. Then everyone got to walk individually into a room where all the party lists were, spread out on tables, you took your list, folded it, put it in the envelope and left the room. Possibly you could split your vote among lists by tearing off individual candidate sections. Back at the mesa we signed the roll, got a receipt, and left.

It was quite slow, the queues outside were 20-30 people for each mesa with 6 mesas in operation, delays inside were because of people taking too much time in the voting room (5-10mins for some, quite annoying).I think it all took about 45 mins in total. At least it was all very calm, no shouting, queue-jumping, or anything like that, the police (2) were very relaxed. There was also a soldier who looked utterly bored.

Why a special room? Sounds discriminatory.g
If it's discriminatory it penalized the non-expats who I am sure had to wait much longer than did I. I have no idea why they had a special room. Maybe they knew I was coming.

It's likely Milei will be number 1 or 2 ....OMG. Milei to ballotage..! Milei Presidente after ballotage..!

13 August 2023
Results: Macri vs. Lousteau.
Who won in each neighborhood and by how much difference....As of 10:20pm, Macri gets closer to victory. With 91.22% of the tables counted, Jorge Macri obtains 28.57% and continues to win over Martín Lousteau who for the moment has 27.13%. Leandro Santoro is in third place with 22.21%.

13 August 2023
10:31pm....Horacio Rodríguez Larreta congratulated Patricia Bullrich. Upon arriving at the bunker in Parque Norte, Patricia Bullrich claimed victory in the internal election of Juntos por el Cambio. "We are very happy. Larreta has already called me, he recognized the difference and congratulated me", she stressed....

Well, the 24/7 crypto market says things are going to hell in a handbasket; $680 ARS per dollar, and Milei is @ 32.11% w/66% of precincts reporting.

Buckle up, because things are going to get bumpy

Back