Argentina questions allied attacks on Gaddafi

Amargo said:
A building can also be very dangerous to aircraft! :-D
No one is condemning intervention, but only the clumsy manner. You expect the West to be much more selective when picking targets, as they have very complex weaponry, we are made to believe.
It only demonstrates that the Western governments have learned nothing from previous mistakes. Do you think the acceptance rate of the US et al. in islamic countries has increased or decreased after the attacks?

What I find incredible is that the US is a developed country, with high income...I don't understand why people believe that all the wars the government starts are really because they are angels who want to help some poor folk somewhere. And keep financing wars and purchase of weapons with their tax. Why isn't there massive demonstrations against that? Instead of investing in education, health and development of those countries (or their own, if needed).
Violence causes violence, it doesn't matter how well meant.

Good post Amargo

What is incredible that people seem to justify these brutal attacks as saying that they are there to protect civilians while at the same time they are blowing the hell out of their infractructure and killing thousands of civilians as is the case in all wars where the majority of casualties are woman and children.

We heard the same arguments for Iraq that Sadaam was a dictator and that he was killing kurds etc etc . But over one million deaths later caused by the wests brutal war against Iraq most citizens there have fled and Iraq is hell on earth with a standard of living for most of its citizens much worse than under Saddam Hussein. Bagdad today is a shadow of its past with all its history destroyed and the christian community in tatters.

This has been caused by the west and the pretext was restoring democracy in Iraq. Give me a f..... break.

perry said:
Good post Amargo

What is incredible that people seem to justify these brutal attacks as saying that they are there to protect civilians while at the same time they are blowing the hell out of their infractructure and killing thousands of civilians as is the case in all wars where the majority of casualties are woman and children.

We heard the same arguments for Iraq that Sadaam was a dictator and that he was killing kurds etc etc . But over one million deaths later caused by the wests brutal war against Iraq most citizens there have fled and Iraq is hell on earth with a standard of living for most of its citizens much worse than under Saddam Hussein. Bagdad today is a shadow of its past with all its history destroyed and the christian community in tatters.

This has been caused by the west and the pretext was restoring democracy in Iraq. Give me a f..... break.

What proof do you have that 1000's of civilians are being killed by the Western air strikes in Libya?? Not 1 Civilian casualty has been reported by ANY group.

And please check your numbers and facts (something you rarely use), there have not been anywhere NEAR 1 Million civilian deaths in Iraq...EXCEPT those by Saddam and his regime (but I guess that is ok, right).

jaredwb said:
What proof do you have that 1000's of civilians are being killed by the Western air strikes in Libya?? Not 1 Civilian casualty has been reported by ANY group.

And please check your numbers and facts (something you rarely use), there have not been anywhere NEAR 1 Million civilian deaths in Iraq...EXCEPT those by Saddam and his regime (but I guess that is ok, right).

As you are a cheerleader for the Wests war machine there is no use talking to someone with the low intelligence that you seem to possess.

Your outright denial of wars brutal effects and your nieve support of Obama and his cronies shows me that you are not capable of informed opinions.

Too many people are supporting this war in Libya and it is a war like many others that have decimated countries from Iraq, Afghanistan, Serbia,Vietnam and many many others.

The Vietnam war was a classic example of the USA and its partners blind ignorance in restoring democracy . They decimated that country causing millions of deaths and for what you may ask . They achieved nothing but destruction as the case will be for Libya in the future!!

perry said:
Good post Amargo

I was one of millions in the States who said that we absolutely should NOT have gone into Iraq even well before the war. Opposition to Iraq in the States easily outnumbered the entire population of Argentina. I would even say easily DOUBLED the population of Argentina, but that's not important anymore.

As for LIBYA, it appears that death isn't all it's built up to be...
CNN's Nic Robertson attends what appears to be a mass burial of victims from the airstrikes. But with relatives in short supply, a sheikh giving an angry eulogy in English and even an empty coffin, things may not be as they seem.
http://cnn.com/video/?/video/world/2011/03/25/robertson.libya.funeral.cnn

Bon Provecho

jaredwb said:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_sanctions
Estimates of civilian deaths during from the sanctions range from 100,000 to over 1.5 million, most of them children.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_casualties
ORB estimated 1,033,000 deaths as a result of the conflict, figures that fell broadly in line with the earlier lancet study.

You can critique the methodology if you want, but the numbers are there.

I sincerely hope this latest war brings about lasting positive changes for the civilian population, but lets not delude ourselves that war is being waged for their benefit. Self interest takes nations to war. If there's no benefit to be gained, we sit idly by and watch as we've done countless times before.

perry said:
As you are a cheerleader for the Wests war machine there is no use talking to someone with the low intelligence that you seem to possess.

Your outright denial of wars brutal effects and your nieve support of Obama and his cronies shows me that you are not capable of informed opinions.

Too many people are supporting this war in Libya and it is a war like many others that have decimated countries from Iraq, Afghanistan, Serbia,Vietnam and many many others.

The Vietnam war was a classic example of the USA and its partners blind ignorance in restoring democracy . They decimated that country causing millions of deaths and for what you may ask . They achieved nothing but destruction as the case will be for Libya in the future!!

Blah blah blah! Same old same old verbal shit...

If you think I am an Obama supporter your intelligence needs to be seriously called into question.

Again, just like you and all the other assholes on this forum, anyone that dares have a different opinion is not smart??

Amargo said:
A building can also be very dangerous to aircraft! :-D
Command centers, flight- and radar controls are usually housed in buildings.

As for "smart" weapons, their intrinsic precision is much hyped by the media - the military is much to be blamed for this. As a matter of fact they rely heavily on soldiers (usually special forces) on the ground to guide them.

jaredwb said:

Your right the number of civilians injured or killed in Libya is minimal if any. The government there has been repeatably embarrassed when they have taken out reporters to prove the opposite. One thing is sure a lot more people would be dead today if nothing had been done. Whether in the end this whole thing will be proved to be a good or bad thing for Libyan people we will have to wait and see. If you remember a similar bombing campaign back in the 90's in the Balkans the leader causing the problems was Milosevic, the bombing ended and he remained in power for a while but ended up on trial in the Hague.

Presenting factual information has never been a requirement here. Many people here apparently get their information from alternative sources or more likely have their minds made up before any facts are known or by facts they make up. Their thinking seems 100% predetermined by their political philosophy which seems most of the time to be of the far left persuasion.

As for LIBYA, it appears that death isn't all it's built up to be...
Quote:
CNN's Nic Robertson attends what appears to be a mass burial of victims from the airstrikes. But with relatives in short supply, a sheikh giving an angry eulogy in English and even an empty coffin, things may not be as they seem.
http://cnn.com/video/?/video/world/2...ya.funeral.cnn

Bon Provecho

Well, I believe the propaganda of CNN as much as I believe Gaddafi. The truth is surely somewhere in between.

Disliking these attacks does not mean being anti-yanqui. In my case I do not hate the USA, only that I cannot justify or support its actions. So many wars started for nothing, it is understandable if people are skeptic. This time the pictures show again a lot of buildings destroyed...to me is as if the lives of people from countries like Libya, Afghanistan, Iraq, etc don't count. The times of the Cold war and Reagan are gone, yet the attitude of its government has not changed much. I thought Obama was going to change that, but I was probably wrong.

jaredwb said:
Blah blah blah! Same old same old verbal shit...

That's the problem with this forum! too much verbal shit! Lets start with pictures! :D

Again, just like you and all the other assholes on this forum, anyone that dares have a different opinion is not smart??
Only those doing full 180 in the same page of posts just to go defensive.

Edit: Wrong angle :)

Back