Argentina re-opening international flights in August!

So I tired to call Iberia 20 times their call center is not working — they pick up but they cannot “hear you” so stupid. Tragic. I called BA instead since it’s the same airline basically and the agent told me there no seats left for any of their flights to Madrid in July or August, which I find rather hard to believe. My guess is they are still not on sale.
Alternatively, I am trying to figure out a way to avoid the 14 day cuarentena on arrival In the EU. I know that if I fly to Vienna I can do the PCR test at the airport and if it’s negative they let you go free. It costs 190 euros and you wait 3-6 hours for the results. Any other European airports offering this by any chance?

Where are you actually trying to go?
Testing at airports is not relevant to needing to quarantine or not.
In most EU states it is unlikely they will check on you during your quarantine but I have heard a few cases of random inspections. The key is to remember that the quarantine requirement will likely vary by country. For example, if you connect to VIE, then leave Austria, Austrian rules are no longer valid. If someone stops you and sees that you entered the EU (or more realistically, departed a non-EU country) during the last 14 days you could have issues - this could be detected on intra-Schengen flights for example. The worst-case would be if you actually had the virus and got discovered, then you’d be in all sorts of issues as most countries now require written health declarations that include travel history upon entering even from within the EU, including Spain.

According to AT embassy:

2.2 ENTRY FROM WITHIN THE EU, THE SCHENGEN AREA, SELECT SMALL EUROPEAN NATIONS AND THE UNITED KINGDOM:
Individuals wanting to enter Austria from a EU member state, the Schengen Area, or from Andorra, Monaco, San Marino, the Vatican, or the United Kingdom must present a medical certificate confirming a negative molecular-biological SARS-CoV-2 test no older than four days at the time of entry (certificate in German / English).

Individuals who cannot provide such a certificate will have to quarantine for 14 days at home (self-monitored) or at an appropriate accommodation which must not be left for the duration of the quarantine. A negative molecular-biological test conducted and presented during the quarantine will end it and the location can be left. Individuals are responsible for covering the cost of the quarantine accommodation; at the time of entry a confirmation of the availability of such an accommodation to the individual must be presented, otherwise entry will be denied.

Individuals transiting Austria without stop are not subject to the above entry restrictions.

Individuals who enter Austria coming from one of the following states and have their residence in Austria or one of the following states:

Andorra, Belgium, Bulgaria, Denmark, Germany, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Croatia, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania. Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Romania, San Marino, Switzerland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Czech Republic, Hungary, Vatican, Cyprus

do not have to present the medical certificate and are not subject to a quarantine if they can credibly show that they were not present in any other state than Austria and the states listed above within the last 14 days.

So I tired to call Iberia 20 times their call center is not working — they pick up but they cannot “hear you” so stupid. Tragic. I called BA instead since it’s the same airline basically and the agent told me there no seats left for any of their flights to Madrid in July or August, which I find rather hard to believe. My guess is they are still not on sale.
Alternatively, I am trying to figure out a way to avoid the 14 day cuarentena on arrival In the EU. I know that if I fly to Vienna I can do the PCR test at the airport and if it’s negative they let you go free. It costs 190 euros and you wait 3-6 hours for the results. Any other European airports offering this by any chance?
If it is of any help to you, my associate flew direct to Amsterdam last Wednesday. Bought ticket online at skyscanner for USD1200 one way. Reached his destination in Germany with no problems.

If it is of any help to you, my associate flew direct to Amsterdam last Wednesday. Bought ticket online at skyscanner for USD1200 one way. Reached his destination in Germany with no problems.
Yes, KLM and AF seem the best option these days, ticket can be bought online.

Where are you actually trying to go?
Testing at airports is not relevant to needing to quarantine or not.
In most EU states it is unlikely they will check on you during your quarantine but I have heard a few cases of random inspections. The key is to remember that the quarantine requirement will likely vary by country. For example, if you connect to VIE, then leave Austria, Austrian rules are no longer valid. If someone stops you and sees that you entered the EU (or more realistically, departed a non-EU country) during the last 14 days you could have issues - this could be detected on intra-Schengen flights for example. The worst-case would be if you actually had the virus and got discovered, then you’d be in all sorts of issues as most countries now require written health declarations that include travel history upon entering even from within the EU, including Spain.

According to AT embassy:

2.2 ENTRY FROM WITHIN THE EU, THE SCHENGEN AREA, SELECT SMALL EUROPEAN NATIONS AND THE UNITED KINGDOM:
Individuals wanting to enter Austria from a EU member state, the Schengen Area, or from Andorra, Monaco, San Marino, the Vatican, or the United Kingdom must present a medical certificate confirming a negative molecular-biological SARS-CoV-2 test no older than four days at the time of entry (certificate in German / English).

Individuals who cannot provide such a certificate will have to quarantine for 14 days at home (self-monitored) or at an appropriate accommodation which must not be left for the duration of the quarantine. A negative molecular-biological test conducted and presented during the quarantine will end it and the location can be left. Individuals are responsible for covering the cost of the quarantine accommodation; at the time of entry a confirmation of the availability of such an accommodation to the individual must be presented, otherwise entry will be denied.

Individuals transiting Austria without stop are not subject to the above entry restrictions.

Individuals who enter Austria coming from one of the following states and have their residence in Austria or one of the following states:

Andorra, Belgium, Bulgaria, Denmark, Germany, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Croatia, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania. Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Romania, San Marino, Switzerland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Czech Republic, Hungary, Vatican, Cyprus

do not have to present the medical certificate and are not subject to a quarantine if they can credibly show that they were not present in any other state than Austria and the states listed above within the last 14 days.

Thanks, yes you are sort of right. I guess. I would fly in with my passport but then on the onward trip within the EU I would use my ID so no one would see the AR stamp. I would stay in Austria for 2-3 days I guess. Then isolate for 2 more days upon arrival and do another test. Most people are "positive" within 2-4 days of exposure and show symptoms (if they ever do) within 5-7 days. I obviously do not want to expose friends and family to anything. Just applying some common sense -- no need to throw the kitchen sink at it either.

I finally managed to reach IB. The flight on the 5 July is sold out. The remaining ones in July and August not on sale yet. Per info from the Spanish Embassy, there may be 2 additional flights to MAD on Air Europa end of July.

28 June 2020
The European Union opens the borders to a single country in the region
MONTEVIDEO.- Among the list of 18 countries that the European Union will allow its travelers to enter the old continent, there is only one country of the region that is among the selected ones. This is Uruguay, which has so far reported 924 cases of infected in total, 26 deaths and 818 recovered.

Uruguayan Foreign Minister Ernesto Talvi shared the news on his social media and highlighted the "great recognition of the extraordinary pandemic control work and humanitarian cooperation work that has been an example in the world."....

Ok after some deliberation I pulled the trigger and bought a ticket to MIA on Jul 11 with AR. It's quite cheap under the circumstance 56k pesos (450 USD at blue rate). I am not a US citizen or resident per se but AR have removed this requirement from their website. The US does not prohibit the entry of no one based on citizenship but origin of flight (excluding obviously US citizens and residents who will be admitted). Argentina is not on that no fly list yet. So I should be okay. I have a US visa type that would allow me to enter the US even if they put ARG on the no fly list before my flight.

I have not decided where I will go from there. My goal is to get to Europe (on miles) and from the US there are tons of options.

I would have ideally flown directly to Europe but demand and prices are much higher from BA. Booking to MIA gives me 2 weeks to decide where to go to pass the next 2 months while hopefully things calm down here. Hopefully I'd be able to return in September.

I have not decided where I will go from there. My goal is to get to Europe (on miles) and from the US there are tons of options.

Cancún and part of the Riviera Maya are open. It's about $99 one way from Miami, supposedly very good deals on rooms at the moment. No crowds, but last I checked the only hotel-owned beaches were accessible. But it's a phased reopening, so public beaches could be open by the time you travel.

Alternately, many places across the Caribbean are opening in July with differing restrictions for entry:

I managed to get a flight to my hometown Amsterdam on July 1st. Do I need to get a permiso de circulacion to go to the airport, or can I just show my booking confirmation and/or etickets?

Back