Argentina re-opening international flights in August!

Straight from the horses's mouth, a.k.a. Paola Tamburelli, Civil Aviation head

"No manejamos fechas determinadas. Para nosotros septiembre, agosto, noviembre o diciembre es lo mismo y todo depende de cuando la situación sanitaria nos permita disminuir las restricciones que se están imponiendo para tratar de controlar el desarrollo del virus y de que el Presidente modifique el decreto que estableció la suspensión de vuelos", dijo a LA NACION Paola Tamburelli, titular de la Administración Nacional de Aviación Civil (ANAC), y quien firmó la resolución 144/2020, que suspendió la venta de pasajes."
The HORSE, spoke loud and clear. It is being done by "The Touch and Go' method.

Also known as "Flying by the seat of your pants"

In short, nobody knows how it will play out. Stay tuned....

"BRASILIA/SAO PAULO (REUTERS) - Brazil on Wednesday (July 29) reopened international air travel to foreign tourists"
I assume any country can only hold out as long as the competition. If Brazil, USA, etc. go back to business as usual, how long could Argentina afford to fall behind?

I'll pass on going to Brazil anytime in the near future, and the US is far from going back to business as usual. Those are the two countries with the worst outbreaks in the world (70,000 new cases in Brazil yesterday alone, which is probably an undercount). Even a family member of mine who works with the DHS advised me that I'm better off staying here for now. Argentina's economy isn't as tourist-dependent, and there have been almost no updates as far as when the borders will reopen.

Besides, who wants to go to Brazil at a time when all the women are covered up? Might as well go on holiday in Saudi Arabia.

I am looking to rent a car with a driver from Buenos Aires to Puerte Iguazu. I contacted Remise Universal. Their price was 160 000 Pesos!. I find it extremely exepensive. Does anyone know any more affordable company?

"BRASILIA/SAO PAULO (REUTERS) - Brazil on Wednesday (July 29) reopened international air travel to foreign tourists"
I assume any country can only hold out as long as the competition. If Brazil, USA, etc. go back to business as usual, how long could Argentina afford to fall behind?
as long as it takes to "protect the health of the people"

Back